Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
Something like that maybe needs brazed? IDK. Welding that may not be practical. Brazing may not be strong enough though. I'm not a metallurgist or welder. Please find someone who is an expert.

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
I could easily be wrong on this so check with experts. I seem to recall that radiator holes/cracks are often repaired using something called "silver soldering". I do not know what silver soldering is but perhaps you could look into it. Any kind of solder would be unaffected by the temperatures seen in a radiator.
That break in the pic is way beyond silver solder.

Reactions: FLYINGFROGS19

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
I want to try to repair it. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it could be repaired, just not a simple backyard fix. Get a competent radiator shop to try it. Much cheaper than a new radiator.

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
Hey y’all. Thank you all for helping out. I got it repaired at a radiator repair shop. Lol. Who knew. Lol. Anyway it’s holding up so far. Replaced a couple of other hoses too. Tge reservoir hose was dried out and the reserve hose that connects to the radiator had rubbed a hole it down by the reservoir. Not difficult to replace at all. Just a few extra beers time. No leaks. $65 to repair the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We as members don't charge for the advice. Ride on, bro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts