Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently removed the back seat, luggage rack and sissy bar and I guess the weight loss of doing so has attributed to some rattling noise under the rear fender.

It's got to be one of the supports, but I wondered if any of you have experienced and/or resolved this issue?

It's bugging the hell out of me.

If I grab the fender and pull it laterally back and forth I can hear the noise as if they support is not seated up against the fender well or something.

Thanks for any advice!

-Madphill

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
I've recently removed the back seat, luggage rack and sissy bar and I guess the weight loss of doing so has attributed to some rattling noise under the rear fender.

It's got to be one of the supports, but I wondered if any of you have experienced and/or resolved this issue?

If I grab the fender and pull it laterally back and forth I can hear the noise as if they support is not seated up against the fender well or something.

Thanks for any advice!

-Madphill
How about the helmet lock?

Pdave:patriot:

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have this same problem too. it started about 500 miles after i bought the bike brand new. ive looked everywhere, and i cant find it for the life of me. HELP!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have to get the fender off to get a good look. When I wiggle the helmet lock specifically I don't hear it, but when I grab the fender at the license plate and pull/push I hear it ticking right near the helmet lock. That is why I think it is the support, but it's impossible to tell even when lying down looking up under the fender.

Oi.

I'll keep looking and definitely keep the loctite in mind.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Thanks for any advice!

-Madphill
Wonder if when you removed any of those other items, if there could have been a spacer that may have been left out?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I found a rattle noticable at very low speeds. The cheap toolbox door won't stay locked and closed and I think it rattles against the chrome sidecover. I have had this minor inconvinence since buying the bike new but did not occur to me that it could be causing a rattle. I am still not even sure it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts