Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Ready to upgrade to a VTX.

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ibified 
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around the forums (both VTXCafe and VTXOA) for a month or two now and thought it was about time to jump in and say hi. My wife and I bought a used 750 Vulcan about 4 years ago.This was the first bike that we bought together and my first ride after about a 25 year absence from motorcycles. So this size of a bike was a great way to get back into things but we really feel the need for a serious upgrade. We were originally going to go for an 1100 Sabre but after reading the postings here and seeing all of the pics of your rides we quickly decided that a VTX1300 was the way to go. We test rode a used '04 a couple of weeks ago (since the dealers here won't allow you to test new models) and fell in love with it. I've since been doing alot of looking around on the internet for dealers trying to find the best prices on new units. This brings me to a couple of questions. Does anyone have any experience with Bartlesville Cycle Sports in Oklahoma? I live in Kansas and their prices seem to beat most dealers in my part of the woods. I've read so many posts about peoples experiences with "stealers" that I don't care to make a 3 hour drive to find one for myself. I did talk to a guy there on the phone and he seemed ok but it would be nice to know if anyone has dealt with them. Also,while on the phone with him he mentioned upgrading the warranty to 5 years for $479.00. Is this worth the money or is the VTX so bullet-proof that I would be better off putting that money into mods and add-ons? (Or can that extended warranty even be added later on?)
I'm sure I'll think of more questions later but for now that's enough. We live in the Wichita area so maybe we'll run into someone from these forums one day. We also try to get out to most Cassaday monthly rides.
(I'll be posting this in both the VTXCafe and VTXOA forums so if you belong to both please forgive the duplication,just hoping to find someone with knowledge of Bartlesville.)
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I added the extended warranty on my bike and I definitely think it is worth the money. If you will be doing lots of wrenching on your bike, it *may* not be worth the extra money, since some stealers can be sticklers about who does the mechanic work (i.e. anybody but themselves). Hopefully others will chime in and give you more thorough advice. The salesman I worked with told me that the warranty could be added at any time, although I just opted to add it when I bought the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.