Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Rear Break - No peddle pressure and not working

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PaXman11 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone ,

First time poster - got my 2006 Vtx 1300 in August.

I was riding about an hour ago and heard a slight pop, then I had felt no pressure when pressing down rear brake peddle and it didn’t slow the bike at all.

I don’t know the last time the breaks were flushed , so going to try that after work . But I am a little worried as I was looking at the rear brake peddle , I noticed that the piston it engages it looks like the seal on the bottom may have broken. I am attaching pictures here.

I am open to any suggestions , questions or advise.

thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Make sure to NOT get any brake fluid on painted parts. It will quickly damage the paint. This includes the "pretty" painted parts like fenders and gas tank as well as the frame of the bike.

Reactions: EdVTX322
#3 ·
Thanks Vinish. I am not having any brake fluid leaks , and my rear brake seems to still get some what engaged when I press the brake peddle , but not enough to actually slow down the bike at all.

i am think at this point it is the rear brake master cylinder , but Certainly open to thoughts or ideas.

#4 ·
Check the thickness of the material on the brake pads to see if it is worn down to the wear bars.

#5 ·
.002 legally passes Pa. minimum thickness, barely. Some states, or countries, may vary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.