Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my rear turn signals. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cover the remaining holes on the stock rear fender? Other than body work and paint or fender replacement.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I want to remove my rear turn signals. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cover the remaining holes on the stock rear fender? Other than body work and paint or fender replacement.
You could go to your local Ace hardware or Home Depot or Lowes and see if they happen to have any chrome plugs of the correct size. These would be the plugs that would happen to have the little "tines" that would normally push into the end of a piece of tube to give the tube a more finished appearance and cover the otherwise sharp edge at the end of the tube.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,200 Posts
There is one bolt inside the fender. Remove that and your golden!

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
There is one bolt inside the fender. Remove that and your golden!
+1...The wires run back under the fender where they snake through the inner fender rail and are held up with little metal tabs on the under side of the fender. They connect to the wire harness underneath the right side cover just below the seat.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hopefully you're replacing them with another style in a different location, as they are require by law. If you go with hard bags, they may cover the hole.
P

·
Registered
784 Posts
A set of hardbags could take care of those holes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
+1...The wires run back under the fender where they snake through the inner fender rail and are held up with little metal tabs on the under side of the fender. They connect to the wire harness underneath the right side cover just below the seat.
So no need to remove rear wheel nor remove fender to snake wire?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Turn signals not required in NC either, but I wouldn't ride without them, but that's just me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So no need to remove rear wheel nor remove fender to snake wire?
Update: I just completed a removal/replacement of the right rear turn signal base for 2006 VTX 1800R3. Raised bike off ground with jack... that's it. Did not remove rear wheel or fender. The most difficult part was getting my hands into the right position.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Update: I just completed a removal/replacement of the right rear turn signal base for 2006 VTX 1800R3. Raised bike off ground with jack... that's it. Did not remove rear wheel or fender. The most difficult part was getting my hands into the right position.
TWSS!:icon_bigg

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I moved my signals I went on to a hobby site that sold rubber piggy bank hole plugs. They are sold them in the 1 3/8 inch size. Perfect fit, no bolts or modification, and they have the ridge inside to grip so they don't fall out. They come in black or white, paint to suit your bike. Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I never use my signals.
I enjoy my privacy, it's nobody's business where I'm going. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts