Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda VTX 1800R. The rubber molding of the left rear signal is cracked and eventually is going to start flopping. I need to find a replacement. Any recommendations on what to get and where to get a match? Or should I be replacing both rear turn signals? I see many generic, inexpensive packages on Ebay and Amazon that claim to fit the VTX 1800 but I have no idea if they actually will and if they will match. I want an affordable option but I also want it to match.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
1,092 Posts
I got a factory replacement, it was like $40 for the clutch side replacement (I think the throttle side is even cheaper). The problem is, the cable goes from the light all the way to the throttle side cover under the seat. I just cut, soldered and shrink wrapped the new wire in (under the fender). To do that part of the job right, you need to remove the fender.

I have heard of people finding a way to remove the wiring inside the old indicator housing, so they could put the wiring into the new housing.

I had to replace my housing because I damaged the lip on in inside top, that holds the lens in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a factory replacement, it was like $40 for the clutch side replacement (I think the throttle side is even cheaper). The problem is, the cable goes from the light all the way to the throttle side cover under the seat. I just cut, soldered and shrink wrapped the new wire in (under the fender). To do that part of the job right, you need to remove the fender.

I have heard of people finding a way to remove the wiring inside the old indicator housing, so they could put the wiring into the new housing.

I had to replace my housing because I damaged the lip on in inside top, that holds the lens in place.
Thank you. Could you send me a link to where I can order the replacement?

Dan

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
1,092 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts