Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda VTX 1300c
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the first time i am trying to register a bike in USA ,dose anybody know,Should i take my bike to DMV for new tag & title and inspection or do they have any issue with cobra exhaust on my bike?

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Rules vary from state to state... typically, you just bring in the paperwork and they process it without seeing the motorcycle.. but again, rules vary from state to state.

-Gonz

·
Registered
455 Posts
Delaware requires an inspection of the any vehicle before registering it. They will also check and see how many decibles your exhaust system is putting out. HAve know many a rider who have to put stock systems back on there bike to get it licensed. I would try and run it through with the current exhaust, maybe you will get lucky.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Best for you to call the DMV Registration Office where you live and ask them what you need to register your bike; that way you know for sure. :)

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
It can get complicated here in SC. We don't have any inspections but you can't do everything in one place either. You have to pay your taxes and fees at one place (county courthouse usually) then go to the DMV with your receipts to get your tags and pay for them there.

Many states have it so you can either do it all at one place OR...better yet...do it all on line with a card.

But I'd go into your yellow pages in the New Customer section up in the front. They usually have it all laid out for you as to what you need to do and the phone #'s to call for more info...of course THEN you have to wait forever for the menu, Spanish choices, please take our survey... :icon_blah

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
If you bought the bike in Ga, you don't have to take it, all you have to do is take your paperwork just make sure your insurance Co has sent your insurance info to the state because they won't accept an insurance card as proof, and sometimes it takes up to a couple of weeks before it's in the states system, if you bought it out of state in most counties here you have to have the VIN # read by Ga State Patrol...for a small fee...

Good Luck:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts