Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
My first X had the Hondaline light bar and yes it did have a fuse holder in the headlight bucket. It didn't look like a fuse holder, more like a plug on the end of two wires but if you looked at it carefully you could see it had a cap on the end of it, opened the cap and there was a mini fuse inside, replaced the fuse and all was well again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I blew another fuse this afternoon and lost headlight and foglights again. Threw in another fuse and decided to turn off the fog lights with the switch I put in just in case it is the foglights that are shorting somewhere. I suspect it is the fog light wiring because I recently hooked up new lights and I hurried the connections so may have screwed something up. We will see if I lose another fuse with just the headlights on and foglights off. If it is shorting to ground, I would have thought it would do it right off though.
Maybe need a bigger fuse if your fog lights are connected to your headlight might be pulling to much amperage for 10 amp fuse

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts