Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help with this. I'm trying to remove the battery from my '05 VTX 1800. I've removed the battery cover, the ECM plugs and the battery leads, but the battery is tight in the battery holder, and I can't get a good grip on the battery to remove it. I don't want to use ViseGrips on the battery case. Any ideas? Thanks, Neil

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Just the idea of Rope or Wire (Insulated Wire) on the terminals like a handle... and maybe some WD-40 squirted between the battery and the battery holder..

I dont know of any "from underneath" things you can do.. never had an issue removing one before.

-Gonz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try A block of wood and a BFH A BIG one and a small tap or two dont want too brack juust get battery loss BIG DENNY

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
A leather strap ( 1 inch wide by 6 or 7 inches long) with 2 small holes in it, where the terminals are, to make a handle to lift it out. Rob-T gave a few of these away a while back and they work great!!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Try threading some wire (insulated) through the holes on each of the two terminals and lift it by the wires.

...or get your wife, or someone with smaller fingers to pull it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts