Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have to replace my battery probably in the spring for my 2009 vtx 1300r. What is the best battery for the money?

·
Registered
2007 1300C
510 Posts
Yuasa YUAM6RH4H YTX14H-BS Battery , has 240CCA and spins motor over a little faster for quicker cranks. Same size battery, just a little more OOOMPH! It's what I run in mine
YTX14- BS is stock battery

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
4 out of 5 dentist agree.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will have to replace my battery probably in the spring for my 2009 vtx 1300r. What is the best battery for the money?
I had bought a discounted battery a few years ago and it did not last even a year and the one that I replaced was a Yuasa. The discounted battery was about $59 dollars. after that I purchased a Yuasa and it lasted three years and was still performing well when I replaced it. I replace them every three years even if it is still performing well. A Yuasa is about $110 or so but worth every penny. Do not buy cheap items the saying you get what you pay for always comes true.

·
Registered
16,884 Posts
I had bought a discounted battery a few years ago and it did not last even a year and the one that I replaced was a Yuasa. The discounted battery was about $59 dollars. after that I purchased a Yuasa and it lasted three years and was still performing well when I replaced it. I replace them every three years even if it is still performing well. A Yuasa is about $110 or so but worth every penny. Do not buy cheap items the saying you get what you pay for always comes true.
I appreciate your common sense in most of what you said, but replacing every 3 years even if its performing well? A total waste of money and resources when unnecessary. Like running premium octane fuel when our VTX's were designed to be run on 87. My original battery was still 'performing well' at age 12-1/2 when I decided to replace it. I felt it was living on borrowed time, and I had more than gotten my service out of it. Due diligence, such as keeping it on a Battery Tender when not riding, will prove itself.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I wish people would give me a GOOD battery...

read posts here .......
my original VTX battery went 8 1/2 years.

my 2005 Dodge Truck battery went 11 years .
my used 2012 Ford Superduty battery went from 8/2011 to 10/2015.. but worked 155,000 miles...

I have all my batteries "LOAD" tested ( 100 amp ). every year... ( its FREE ) and take 2-3 minutes.
motorcycle batteries I have "LOAD" tested using the Car TEST, not the wimpy motorcycle load test.

at the end of the day... you are the one that must sleep at night
your bike, your money, your battery. your choice..
do you change your oil every 3,000 miles ?
what about your brake fluid, every 2 years ?
how often do you replace a motorcycle ?

my 1986 Goldwing... from new to 2005
my 2005 VTX1800"F"... from New to ????? still riding it 89,500 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts