Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local shop here is out of sylvania H4 bulbs but she said they have a couple other brands eagle eye and Kendall somethinorother. They have 60/55 and 100/55 H4 bulbs in stock. Would either of these do as a replacement bulb for the 1300?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
The local shop here is out of sylvania H4 bulbs but she said they have a couple other brands eagle eye and Kendall somethinorother. They have 60/55 and 100/55 H4 bulbs in stock. Would either of these do as a replacement bulb for the 1300?

imho - the 100/55 would be a BAD choice - that's getting close to double the factory wattage and probably wouldn't be any better than another standard bulb.
At one time I used the sylvania brand in the wife's vehicle - and while much brighter - their lifespan was far too short to justify the cost.

If you're just looking for more light - go with a HID kit, there are several out there that are both inexpensive work Very Well.
I bought mine here: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-HiLo-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

·
Registered
7,114 Posts

Have you tried any other places than your local shop? Walmart, autozone, pepboys all carry them.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I was thinking they were motorcycle specific and only carried by shops. Another bit of knowledge learned. Thx.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
dont get the hundred watt bulb it will burn up your start switch.

hid light is the only way to go

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found an h4st 60/55w 12.8v bulb at walmart. I hope thats all the specs i need to match.

Sent from my (still working...knock on wood) Droid2 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I found an h4st 60/55w 12.8v bulb at walmart. I hope thats all the specs i need to match.

Sent from my (still working...knock on wood) Droid2 using Tapatalk.
That's it. Same one I have.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Any parts store will carry the sylvania silverstar.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Here's what I've had in mine for about two years, it's a night & day difference over the stock bulb and for the end results it's pretty cheap to boot.
(they come in a single pack to)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

O’Riley’s Auto Parts:

H4 12v 55/60 w

Eco $8.99

Sylvania $10.99

Same bulb I was calling about for a 2007 KIA spectra.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i didnt get get a year out of the silverstar ultra. went to hid from NDANA on the oa. never looked back

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's what I've had in mine for about two years, it's a night & day difference over the stock bulb and for the end results it's pretty cheap to boot.
I've had mine in for 3 years and about 15,000 miles. Major improvement over the stock bulb.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You could have got an HID setup for just few $ more and had way more light output and a headlight that will outlast several of those SS Ultas. Yea the SS ultra is an upgrade over stock, but not worth it in my book.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts