Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chap Dawg
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience with having stock pipes reworked through VTXexhaust.com?

·
Chap Dawg
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure seems like a smart way to go to me. Glad to you you were pleased with the result!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my VTXExhaust. Awesome....

Recently I sent my pipes to VTXexhaust.com ($295 plus $60 shipping) and I'm extremely pleased with the results and customer service. Loved the sound, but initially, I was getting a bit of backfiring on decel. I did some research and decided to do a pair valve removal. After an hour or so of labor, it runs and sounds awesome with absolutely no backfiring. The pair valve removal procedure was extremely simple and straight forward. I'm not a motor-head and had no problems getting it done. I ordered the reed valve covers from vtx-parts.com (pretty inexpensive). Followed some step by step directions and photos I found at http://homepage.mac.com/roogie/pairvalve/PhotoAlbum31.html. Also, ordered and installed a 6 1/2" permanent air fuel mixture adjuster I bought from glensvtxgarage.com ($40), gave it 2 1/2 turns and the bike is running amazing. Did I mention it runs great, sounds incredible and never backfires. Hope this helps. Jeff:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts