Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2003 vtx 1300. I recently bought a carburetor kit because my bike sat since 2016 and the gas went bad. When putting the carb back together I noticed a big difference in the length of the needles. Against my better judgment I installed all the new parts and no surprise it’s very rich at idle and fouls plugs in a short time. The worst part is the needle I took out has disappeared.
Can anyone tell me what carburetor I have? Every carburetor kit I get for a vtx1300 has the same length needle. All are way shorter than the one I took out.
I have attached some pictures of my carb. It has the numbers 7baarci.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, I have a 2003 vtx 1300. I recently bought a carburetor kit because my bike sat since 2016 and the gas went bad. When putting the carb back together I noticed a big difference in the length of the needles. Against my better judgment I installed all the new parts and no surprise it’s very rich at idle and fouls plugs in a short time. The worst part is the needle I took out has disappeared.
Can anyone tell me what carburetor I have? Every carburetor kit I get for a vtx1300 has the same length needle. All are way shorter than the one I took out.
I have attached some pictures of my carb. It has the numbers 7baarci.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Don’t know much about the needle. But is it possible that your choke is stuck? I had the same problems you described and in my case a stuck and leaking choke (AKA enricher) was the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t know much about the needle. But is it possible that your choke is stuck? I had the same problems you described and in my case a stuck and leaking choke (AKA enricher) was the problem.
I suppose it is possible. I will check it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
What rejet kit did you use? For a VTX1300, it is important to ONLY use a Factory Pro jet kit and not a kit from any other manufacturer (e.g. do not use a rejet kit from Dynojet).

Reactions: Tom P.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts