Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is knothead and i'm a bikeaholic:beer:. had my 08 1300r a couple of weeks now and love it (after almost 30 years, finally back on 2 wheels). have already gotten alot of good info on here, but i have a question for you guys with alot of miles (bike, not personally). thinking about adding hard bags, currently has leather, and a trunk for long trips. rode 120mi trip yesterday, in my part of the world cicada's are really bad they like to beat me to death not to mention the blood, guts, and s**t all over my t-shirt!!! currently has a shorty windshield, will be trying taller pretty quick to see if i like it better. what else are the must have's for distant runs. thanks in advance for all the good info and i'll probably need more when the wrench turning begins:mosh:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome from Sierra Vista,Arizona.
If your butt is happy with the stock seat your 1 in a million,if not happy look into a Mustang seat or other options.Highway bars/pegs nothing like stretching out on those long/short rides.I have a low budget throttle lock($35.00) gives me a chance to shake out my dead ,numb hand.Thats about sums it up for my creature comfort,good luck.
Ride safe!:choppersm

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
30 years between bikes huh??....Man, and I thought my 12 years was an eternity!!...

Welcome to the cafe!!...:cheers:

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from deepest, darkest Arkansas!

·
Registered
9 Posts
#1) stock seat goes in the trash. It is horrible.
#2) Just ride. You will use muscles you didnt know you had. First long ride after awhile you will feel beat up. After awhile you can ride till the sun goes down.
ISO grips help alot. Highway bars and pegs help even more. New seat helps the most. After that the table is wide open. Chrome, leather, etc.. Just make it yours and enjoy it. I love my VTX. I will be keeping her for a very long time.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Knothead, welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,259 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (the Livermush Capital of the Free World)

-Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
A real HOT redhead with low self esteem.
Bad Rebel, Bad!:spank:

Rebel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the input so far keep it coming. looks like seat will be the first item of business when wife spots me some cash. she said when i bought the bike the bags and trunk was gonna be it for awhile. maybe i can claim a medical condition and get the seat quicker. (hemorrhoids)

hey dude 30 yrs has been a long time. got my license @ 16 and rode a cb160 to school for 2yrs. road till i wrecked one in my early twenty's and gave it up got married and raise a family, you know how that goes. the kids are gone now and i did'nt realize how much i've missed riding till i got back on one.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Welcome to the CAFE from Louisiana. :cheers:

·
Sarge
643 Posts
Welcome from Noblesville, Indiana
We're kinda like Wal Mart..."if we ain't got it, you don't need it"!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome from stafford Virginia. Of you should decide to sell your short windshield, post it up here, folks will buy if the deal is good, If its real good, I will buy. After you ride for some miles, your body will tell you what needs to done first. For me, it will be the seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts