Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right mirror vibrates so bad that you can only tell if something is behind you not what it is. The left mirror always has a clear image in it. What could be causing the right side mirror problem?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I honestly don't know....my problem is opposite. My left mirror vibrates like crazy. I've wondered if changing out my neck bearings (haven't done so yet) would alleviate the problem.

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has tried using a thin rubber strip wrapped around the bars under the riser caps. Seems to me maybe it would take up a little of the vibration but not sure. Might have to try it one day.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Woody, that is good thinking, i think :D It might make a difference and it's easy and inexpensive enough to try. :choppersm Bry

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I found that because I've adjusted it so much that it's become loose .. not at the stem/bar point, but at the actual mirror pivot joint. I was thinking of maybe spraying a bit of degreaser in there to get the opposite effect, maybe it would get stiffer?

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
Woody, that is good thinking, i think :D It might make a difference and it's easy and inexpensive enough to try. :choppersm Bry

Well, if it works, I guess we can call it the Woody Handlebar mod. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damper

Read somewhere the bars have damper inside on both sides. Is this true and could this be the cause of the problem?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have heard that sometimes putting end weights inside the end of the bars will reduce the vibration a lot. I havent tried it yet, but it sounds like it might work.
also it might be :icon_bs:. Bry

Well, if it works, I guess we can call it the Woody Handlebar mod. :D
Geeze, then you might have people pestering you to find out where to get the
wooden handlebars or the wood polish to shine them up real nice. awww, sorry, that was just lame and silly :eek: bry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts