Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Im doing a little looking around and I would like to swap out my factory rims/wheels for something a little more custom and chrome but I cant spend a fortune. Anyone have some leads on nice rims for a decent price?

Thanks

2003 Honda VTX 1800c

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Found some on Ebay, but they don't really fit our ride... the VTX has a requirement for how the rotor fits on etc... sadly for anything chrome that isn't a stock rim it'll be a pricey adventure (or else we'd all have em! lol).

As for a lesser pricey adventure (but still not peanuts) you can send your wheels to Stump and have them chromed... I'd talk to him about your personal situation and ask for a quote, the guy is realy stand-up and will work with people on an individual basis. I'm debating this route but would like to find some stock F rims I think to do it to... I like those rims more than our C rims.

Mort

Reactions: Redeemed1

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hello everyone. Im doing a little looking around and I would like to swap out my factory rims/wheels for something a little more custom and chrome but I cant spend a fortune. Anyone have some leads on nice rims for a decent price?

Thanks

2003 Honda VTX 1800c
VTX1800F wheels are nice and "cheaper"...if you can find them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rims

You could always go the really inexpensive route and sand/polish your rims.
Not really custom but it removes the factory grooves and makes them shine real nice.
Good luck

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
You could always go the really inexpensive route and sand/polish your rims.
Not really custom but it removes the factory grooves and makes them shine real nice.
Good luck
There's a set on Ebay but being sold individually right now... approx $210 for the front and $270 for the rear, both with the rotors still attached...

That's with shipping... not a bad price really, but annoys me the guy put them as two seperate auctions... would suck if you won one but not the other... prick...

Mort

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would talk to Stump, a member on the cafe, and see what he can do for you.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Found a guy on Ebay that chromes your wheels... and I asked him, hey man, if I wanted could you trade me my C rims for the F... so he apparently can get new one's from stock and this was his response, fyi:

Dear wydospyder,

We can accept your 1800 C wheels in on exchange if you
would like for the F models, but there is an upcharge for doing so.
Seems like everyone really likes these F model wheels and they are very
hard and difficult to come by, so many times we have to order them right
from the dealer to replace our stock. The upcharge is $300.00 to trade
your C models wheels for the F type. Please if you have any questions
feel free to give us a call. If you have any further questions
concerning our company's products or services, or would like to place
an order, please feel free to call us direct @361-854-7040. Thank you
for your inquiry, and we really appreciate your business!

JUST A
REMINDER: YOU WILL NEVER BE ASKED FOR ANY MONEY UP-FRONT, YOU PAY US
WHEN ALL WORK IS COMPLETED. WE ALSO ARE THE ONLY COMPANY WHO CARRIES A
FULL(NON-PRORATED) 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL OF OUR CHROME AND A
100% MONEY BACK GAURANTEE. UNLIKE ALL COMPETITORS TRIPLE PLATE PROCESS, WE
OFFER A 21 STEP 5 PLATE PROCESS THAT IS OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "SHOW CHROME". FOR
FULL DETAILS ON ALL OF OUR WARRANTIES PLEASE
VISIT OUR WEBSITE @ www.ChromeProsPlating.com. THANKS AGAIN, AND WE LOOK
FORWARD TO DOING BUISNESS WITH YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE. 361-854-7040

--------
I thought that might be a cool option... but still, I think it was around $800 to get the C's done, so you'd still be looking at $1100... but that'd be NEW F rims, chromed...

Mort

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a guy on Ebay that chromes your wheels... and I asked him, hey man, if I wanted could you trade me my C rims for the F... so he apparently can get new one's from stock and this was his response, fyi:

Dear wydospyder,

We can accept your 1800 C wheels in on exchange if you
would like for the F models, but there is an upcharge for doing so.
Seems like everyone really likes these F model wheels and they are very
hard and difficult to come by, so many times we have to order them right
from the dealer to replace our stock. The upcharge is $300.00 to trade
your C models wheels for the F type. Please if you have any questions
feel free to give us a call. If you have any further questions
concerning our company's products or services, or would like to place
an order, please feel free to call us direct @361-854-7040. Thank you
for your inquiry, and we really appreciate your business!

JUST A
REMINDER: YOU WILL NEVER BE ASKED FOR ANY MONEY UP-FRONT, YOU PAY US
WHEN ALL WORK IS COMPLETED. WE ALSO ARE THE ONLY COMPANY WHO CARRIES A
FULL(NON-PRORATED) 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL OF OUR CHROME AND A
100% MONEY BACK GAURANTEE. UNLIKE ALL COMPETITORS TRIPLE PLATE PROCESS, WE
OFFER A 21 STEP 5 PLATE PROCESS THAT IS OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "SHOW CHROME". FOR
FULL DETAILS ON ALL OF OUR WARRANTIES PLEASE
VISIT OUR WEBSITE @ www.ChromeProsPlating.com. THANKS AGAIN, AND WE LOOK
FORWARD TO DOING BUISNESS WITH YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE. 361-854-7040

--------
I thought that might be a cool option... but still, I think it was around $800 to get the C's done, so you'd still be looking at $1100... but that'd be NEW F rims, chromed...

Mort
Anyone have any pics of the F Rims? Thanks for the info by the way.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
These are the chromed ones from that company on Ebay:

Mort

These are on a ride, not sure if the below are chrome or just well polished:

Keep in mind too the rear on the F is an 18", unlike the C's stock 16".

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
One little note about the F rim, the rear tire cost more because its an 18 inch wheel. I just had to replace my rear tire.......Ouch!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
What was the price? Curious...

·
Registered
478 Posts
i brought f wheels for my c last fall, but i haven't made the switch yet. i think it worked out to a little over $200 for each wheel (two separate ebay auctions).

i considered having the unmachined sections powder coated black, thinking the contrast would make the polished section stand out more. someone here has that done and showed a pic. that would have added to the cost of switching though, and i'm already trying to get the cash together for the tires.

edit:here's where i asked about powder coating part of the wheel. i wouldn't mind doing the same and maybe adding a red stripe around the edge somehow (not sure about that part)

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=51003&highlight=powder+coat+wheels

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I believe it was $193.00 from dennis kirk. Thats a metzler me880, stock size, 180/55zr18 I think. Dennis kirk was by far the cheapest I found, everywhere else I looked was $220 or higher

Not really that much different then. I just put on the ME880 200/60R16 and it ran $179 at MC Superstore, $189 at the dealer... Course that's the 200 wide, saw it on Rocketman's F and boy it looked sweet, had to have it.

Mort

·
F rider
720 Posts
Not really that much different then. I just put on the ME880 200/60R16 and it ran $179 at MC Superstore, $189 at the dealer... Course that's the 200 wide, saw it on Rocketman's F and boy it looked sweet, had to have it.

Mort
Oh yea the 200 for the F if I remember right was around $250. That's why I went back with the 180

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

·
Geezer Glider
3,703 Posts
I have an R, is their a coating on the rims? I keep seeing ephisis (spelling) sig pic with his all polished up. I've thought about sanding it down and polishing it back. I used to do it on semi's back in the shop days. Not sure I want to take the wheels off for that.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I have an R, is their a coating on the rims? I keep seeing ephisis (spelling) sig pic with his all polished up. I've thought about sanding it down and polishing it back. I used to do it on semi's back in the shop days. Not sure I want to take the wheels off for that.

No, no... Epi's signature says "I've been Stumpified"... those are CHROME baby :)

Mort

1 - 20 of 28 Posts