Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
ahhhh, I could probly get mine close, If I found some ambition.
No offense, but while I've seen some nice polish jobs... it would take an INSANE amount of effort to get those 'entire' rims to gleam as good as chrome... and then... they'd start to lose their luster and you'd wished you'd chromed em...

There's simply a reason people chrome... I've polished my rims, but never to level that anyone would mistake em for chrome... that's a LOT of work.

Mort

·
Geezer Glider
3,703 Posts
No offense, but while I've seen some nice polish jobs... it would take an INSANE amount of effort to get those 'entire' rims to gleam as good as chrome... and then... they'd start to lose their luster and you'd wished you'd chromed em...

There's simply a reason people chrome... I've polished my rims, but never to level that anyone would mistake em for chrome... that's a LOT of work.

Mort
True, I owned my own semi, worked in a semi body shop, I've done it for years. Chroming would be much easier, easier to keep clean too. $$ is the only issue. I'll probly just do the best I can the way it is until i can save up enough for the laundry list of mods I want to do. I'll stop rambling now. :):icon_blah

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
has anyone tried to Powder Coating. I have Powder a few part from my bike and car just an idea and Cheaper than chrome
We had a guy here that powder coated all the chrome on his bike and it turned out very nice. Look him up on here cueballblaster or Baker6x6 was helping him with it but they aren’t on here much anymore

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found some on Ebay, but they don't really fit our ride... the VTX has a requirement for how the rotor fits on etc... sadly for anything chrome that isn't a stock rim it'll be a pricey adventure (or else we'd all have em! lol).

As for a lesser pricey adventure (but still not peanuts) you can send your wheels to Stump and have them chromed... I'd talk to him about your personal situation and ask for a quote, the guy is realy stand-up and will work with people on an individual basis. I'm debating this route but would like to find some stock F rims I think to do it to... I like those rims more than our C rims.

Mort
I have an 05 1800 F3... pulled my wheels off over a winter off season and had them chromed.... really happy with them and a step up on the factory look. Finished it off with Metzelers with a 200 rear.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts