Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all - I purchased my 2007 VTX-1800R with bags (thought she was a T) on July 20, 2011, here in Lethbridge, Alberta (think 2h south of Calgary) and I just put 1700 miles on her to Duncan, BC in the past week. She's my 6th ever bike, and currently the fourth in the stable - my others are a 1980 Yamaha XS850 (needs valve spacing), a 1981 Honda SilverWing (500) and a 1982 Honda GoldWing (1100) - needless to say I'm thrilled to have a bike that's 25 years newer (and doesn't need so much fiddling to keep her running and looks so sharp)! I took her home after looking for some intake gaskets for the GoldWing and when I saw her in the showroom, she became an obsession. Looking forward to getting to know folks, learn about my girl, and getting answers - I've already read through some of the forums and you folks are a great community.

BTW - I'm Dic - the name Ripley is for the bike. The emblem on the tank looks like the Alien from the movies, and at first I was gonna call her Sigourney but she never came over to that one. The character's name in the movie is Ripley, and she seems to like that one better. :)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the cafe from Moyock, NC. Lots of people call the emblem an alien. I think it's a cool way to name your bike and I'd say Ripley is a better name than Sigourney. As you said, these bikes don't require much maintenance and what does need to be done, you can learn how to do it here.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,191 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from Arkansas! I've always said it looked like a flying sperm!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
2,807 Posts
hello from the showme state.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee Dic and wishing you a super great day. :patriot:

·
9,160 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Sebring, Florida. :icon_wave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts