Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

301 - 320 of 344 Posts

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,367 Posts
after looking at the pictures I have concluded a few things......I never smile, I look at my phone too much, ***** likes me! I'm so glad I went, it was a great time with a very small and manageable crowd. we all got along, altho one guy, who shall remain nameless, but did come from New Jersey, threatened to take my toy hauler! (he liked it) Thanks again to River and his family for the wonderful hospitality and to all who rode with me for their patience with me in the twisties (I tend to slow down). It was a great way to start the riding season and meet some of the café members I have not met yet. If you ever get a chance to go to a meet and greet, go.....you will never regret it!

one more comment.....when we rode, we all wore helmets......I consider that a wonderful thing and I told the guys that. I have seen too much bad to not take a second and put a helmet on.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i'm truly sorry I missed this one fella's. I'm hoping to see y'all in June or July. It looks like it was a good time. If no one has any Labor Day plans(-I know, kinda far off-) I'll be camping in the mountains at the Kickstand Lodge, Stecoah, N.C.
This sounds like something I might want to do. Camping as in tent or trailer? What dates the 31- 3rd? I'm thinking I should make a reservation kind of soon if I want to do this.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks for hosting Bruce. Was a great time, great food, great friends. Can't wait to get together again. Nice to meet a couple more guys from the forum.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Smitty always nice to air out my knees when you and Bruce take me on a local tour.

·
FREEBIRD
7,345 Posts
Hey, Bruce. I know most of the people but there are some I don't know. Can you re-post the group pic and put names with faces?
Repost for same reason. I only know a few guys. Thought I knew Mike, but I think his son rode his Wing to this ride. #brownbeard :p

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
This weekend was a great time had a great ride good weather and great people. I hope everyone enjoyed the ride both days. I hope to see everyone again and more in October.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Bruce, what's the address for this place? I now wanna go there, added it to my bucket list!

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #312

His business card he said to call or text ahead of time to see when he will be there so he can take you inside other wise you can’t get in.

Fran feel free to let me know when your going and I’ll gladly ride along bike or not would still be good to hang out for the day/weekend

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
This would probably be something the wife would want to visit too, so it would again be in the cage, maybe a day trip sometime.

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
This would probably be something the wife would want to visit too, so it would again be in the cage, maybe a day trip sometime.
She is welcome on the river to you guys are welcome to take a bed in the guest house for a night or weekend so you don’t have to drive both ways in one day we could even do dinner someplace together.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Thanks. No offense to you, and the hospitality offer is appreciated, but she would have issues with her stability on the side of the hill there. Last week she said about getting one of those 4-legged canes like the old fella that came out of TJ's ahead of us going in yesterday. Just wouldn't work out for her. I'm mildly fearful of the next few years.

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Thanks. No offense to you, and the hospitality offer is appreciated, but she would have issues with her stability on the side of the hill there. Last week she said about getting one of those 4-legged canes like the old fella that came out of TJ's ahead of us going in yesterday. Just wouldn't work out for her. I'm mildly fearful of the next few years.
I under stand that. You have to do what’s best for her. Not trying to sound mean or anything but they now have the 4 leg cane deals with wheels and breaks in them and also a seat if she needs to sit all of the sudden she has a seat right in front of here.
They are not really that expensive either and they fold up nicely to go in trunk of car

Ride free ride safe

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
You bring up a good point about the hills there. If I tent it in the fall I might end up in the river. Lol

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
Hey, Bruce. I know most of the people but there are some I don't know. Can you re-post the group pic and put names with faces?
Hey I tagged my pic on Facebook what more do you want? :p

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
This sounds like something I might want to do. Camping as in tent or trailer? What dates the 31- 3rd? I'm thinking I should make a reservation kind of soon if I want to do this.
I'll be in a little tent but your pop up would work too. It's motorcycle only, the food is great and so are most of the people I've met there.

301 - 320 of 344 Posts