Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and got a set of the Chrome Side Bag Guards (they call them Rear Engine Guards, but whatever) from Road Styler. They are a decent price, but they cam with out the mounting hardware, and I have tried to contact them, to no avail. So I sent for some spacers and got ones that fit fine. But the upper bracket blocks the seat bolt. The shipping takes a while because they ship from Poland.

I know Iron Mike has a set. Any one else have them, and how did YOU get to the seat bolts with out taking the bars off? I suspect they sent me the wrong set, but I cannot get a response from them via email.

Beware, this company has sucky customer service.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To be fair, I found they finally did respond to me this July, after 2 years. The reply was missed because I geta ton of spam. They said they had mailed it to me (never got an email saying tey had before, and nothing ever arrived here). They graciously offered to let me buy the hardware for at 70 pln ( about $18 USD).

·
Registered
2005 1300 VTX S
18 Posts
That's cool of you to eat crow and provide the update here. Makes me feel a lot better as I have a set on the way too no knowing their customer service is good!

thanks again for the follow up!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I had great customer service from the guy in Poland but his first email did go to my spam folder

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Can you post a link to them? I’ve been wanting a set for the 1300, and if I put bags on the 1800 then I’ll want some for that too....

edit: found them

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Quick question for you guys using these (sorry Norm, not trying to jack your thread)..... if you have passenger floor boards, will they still work? Or do the boards get in the way of the guards?

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question for you guys using these (sorry Norm, not trying to jack your thread)..... if you have passenger floor boards, will they still work? Or do the boards get in the way of the guards?
No worries...

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool of you to eat crow and provide the update here. Makes me feel a lot better as I have a set on the way too no knowing their customer service is good!

thanks again for the follow up!
When I am wrong, I am wrong. Don't believe in sugar coating stuff. I believe in taking ones lumps. I love hte way the bars look, and protecting the bags well is a big plus!

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,641 Posts
(y)(y) Wow Mike.....I see you are quite handy ..... Nice bunch of mods Mike -- sweeeet :love:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
(y)(y) Wow Mike.....I see you are quite handy ..... Nice bunch of mods Mike -- sweeeet :love:
I love my bike Tom and I fuss with it all the time, just finished putting on the rims and new tires a couple weeks ago!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I went and got a set of the Chrome Side Bag Guards (they call them Rear Engine Guards, but whatever) from Road Styler. They are a decent price, but they cam with out the mounting hardware, and I have tried to contact them, to no avail. So I sent for some spacers and got ones that fit fine. But the upper bracket blocks the seat bolt. The shipping takes a while because they ship from Poland.

I know Iron Mike has a set. Any one else have them, and how did YOU get to the seat bolts with out taking the bars off? I suspect they sent me the wrong set, but I cannot get a response from them via email.

Beware, this company has sucky customer service.
Harbor freight makes some 3/8 drive hex head sockets where the extend about 6". That is the perfect tool for those seat bolts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 1300 VTX S
18 Posts
I just got my roadstyle rear bars, they look great on the bike and came with hardware. It was the same hardware that my rear bag and rear footrests already had, nothing special... I think I will upgrade the lower bolt that mounts to the rear foot rest bracket to a grade 5 or higher bolt though....seems like that one will take some force if i go down and best not to just have it snap off there.

·
Registered
16,904 Posts
Replacing G5 with SS is a nice touch, and won't rust on you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts