Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Gecko?
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Run-Turn-Brake unit from X'N when he was out here visiting (thanks to a few fellow members) and I wanted to post it here. The install was easy and it works great. It also has turn signal functions built into it, but I would rather let him explain it in more detail.

If you're looking for one, you can PM him about it. I know the install varies somewhat depending on the year, but again, I will leave the details to him. He has typed instructions that are very clear.

Anyways, here are the pictures. It gave the beast some eyes. :D

Running, before:

Brake, before:

Running, after:

Brake, after:

Brake, before and after:

:choppersm

·
Registered
320 Posts
First you go and do that license plate that I gotta have and now you do your lights. At least you're pacing yourself or my wife would be cutting up my credit cards.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Does this unit flash the front signal lights along with the rears? Kisan does that and it's kind of a pain.:hmm2:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. :eek:

Are you asking if hitting the brake makes the front turn signals brighter? If so, the answer is no. :cheers:
Kind of. The Kisan unit flashes both rear turn signals when you put on the brake. The problem is that obviously the rears are connected to the fronts. (ie: when the you turn on a right signal, both front and rear flash to indicate your turn). So when the Kisan flashes the rear, the front flashes too. Kind of sucks but that's the way it works. I put up with it because I like the self canceling turn signals. If your unit only flashes the rear, that would be something that I'd be interested in. Especially if it canceled the signal too. I need help with that. Can't seem to remember to cancel a turn signal.:banghead:

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Thanks Beefy I'm glad your enjoying it.

There is no other unit on the market that does everything this one does! and its also small and compact and a clean installation. Ever look under the cover at some of the bikes with a Kuryakyn RTB with load eq's looks like a rats nest.

This is a picture of my bike

Here's what it does:

Built in automatic turn signal canceler it flashes for 11 seconds and then turns off even if you leave the switch in the turn position.
Built in load equalizer.
Front / run & turn signal for single filament or halogen bulbs & LED's
Rear / run , brake and turn signal functions
Emergency flashers without heating up , even in parade use . (I will admit because of the stock vtx turnsignal switch it is hard to get it to activate)
Front running lights even with a single element bulb or LED.

Kind of. The Kisan unit flashes both rear turn signals when you put on the brake. The problem is that obviously the rears are connected to the fronts. (ie: when the you turn on a right signal, both front and rear flash to indicate your turn). So when the Kisan flashes the rear, the front flashes too. Kind of sucks but that's the way it works. I put up with it because I like the self canceling turn signals. If your unit only flashes the rear, that would be something that I'd be interested in. Especially if it canceled the signal too. I need help with that. Can't seem to remember to cancel a turn signal.:banghead:
No the fronts do not flash at all if the brake is applied. This unit works as you would expect it to with out the problems the kisan unit does. I've also heard that the dash turn signal indicator lights are illuminated with the Kisan unit has the running light feature turned on, my unit does not do this.

I have plug and play units for:
02-03 1800 All models
2004 1800C
2003-2005 1300 all models

2005-up 1800's and 2006-up 1300's bikes I'm waiting for some connectors to come and I will be able to offer them as plug and play units also. (I can hook you up on these bikes now if your willing to cut and crimp on 6 connectors)

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
What kind of price do you have on your unit?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks Beefy I'm glad your enjoying it.

There is no other unit on the market that does everything this one does! and its also small and compact and a clean installation. Ever look under the cover at some of the bikes with a Kuryakyn RTB with load eq's looks like a rats nest.

This is a picture of my bike

Here's what it does:

Built in automatic turn signal canceler it flashes for 11 seconds and then turns off even if you leave the switch in the turn position.
Built in load equalizer.
Front / run & turn signal for single filament or halogen bulbs & LED's
Rear / run , brake and turn signal functions
Emergency flashers without heating up , even in parade use . (I will admit because of the stock vtx turnsignal switch it is hard to get it to activate)
Front running lights even with a single element bulb or LED.

No the fronts do not flash at all if the brake is applied. This unit works as you would expect it to with out the problems the kisan unit does. I've also heard that the dash turn signal indicator lights are illuminated with the Kisan unit has the running light feature turned on, my unit does not do this.

I have plug and play units for:
02-03 1800 All models
2004 1800C
2003-2005 1300 all models

2005-up 1800's and 2006-up 1300's bikes I'm waiting for some connectors to come and I will be able to offer them as plug and play units also. (I can hook you up on these bikes now if your willing to cut and crimp on 6 connectors)
Whats the cost for one on a 2005 1800C when you get the connectors?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Shoot me a PM when you get the plug and play connectors for the 1800N. I've been hesitant to buy one before and it seems like this is the ticket!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Why does it seem that the "wish list" always gets longer than the "purchased list"?:banghead: Yet another item to save up for....

Great mod and price! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
For about $7, I changed out my turn signals over to 1157 bulbs by changing out the pig tails of the turn signals to add running lights.

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Shoot me a PM when you get the plug and play connectors for the 1800N. I've been hesitant to buy one before and it seems like this is the ticket!!
Will do! Thanks for your interest

LugnutZ,

do you have a pic of the unit not installed that you could post? I'd be interested in seeing the wiring.

Ant

:cheers:
Here ya go

There are 12 connections
Ground
+12v
Running light
brake light
front turn signals
rear turn signals
dash indicators
signal from each side of the signal switch

Hope that helps :cheers:

If anyone out there with a 2006-newer 1300 can help me out with some good pictures of some connectors I'll be glad to give them a discount. I need to verify the correct connectors. Please PM me.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
If anyone out there with a 2006-newer 1300 can help me out with some good pictures of some connectors I'll be glad to give them a discount. I need to verify the correct connectors. Please PM me.
PM sent :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts