Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
I now have all the factory connectors to make my controller plug and play on all VTX's. Units here waiting waiting for a new home :cheers:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry I got a couple of question. Does this flash the break light? If so does it go solid after a period of time?
Also how would the flasher work (you said it was difficult to turn on using the stock switch). I'm considering going to a red/yellow break/turn LED signal light instead of the stock rear signal lights, I assume this would still work with this system?

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Sorry I got a couple of question. Does this flash the break light? If so does it go solid after a period of time?
Also how would the flasher work (you said it was difficult to turn on using the stock switch). I'm considering going to a red/yellow break/turn LED signal light instead of the stock rear signal lights, I assume this would still work with this system?
It does not flash the rear brake. My unit converts the rear signals to running light, brake light and turn signal functions because of that by law you must make sure the rear signals illuminate red in color. It's illegal to have rear amber running or brake lights. If you don't want a r/t/b function there are other alternative out there I could wire up for you using the factory connectors. What all functions are you interested in?

As for the 4 way flasher you must activate the switch left/right/left/right or vice versa in a second or less to both activate and cancel the 4 ways you can do it but some times it takes a while...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Fast shipping and tracking info provided quickly. Got it today and installation was a snap. Followed the directions provided with pictures making installation smooth. Connectors and the unit itself are OEM quality! Didn't realize it had the turn signal cancellation built into it when I placed my order. Freakin' Sweet!

I didn't know why I was holding out on buying others that didn't install as easily but provided similar functionality. But I'm glad I did.

Thanks again!!

·
Anything with two wheels
478 Posts
Kinda of a silly question, but I was about an hour away of going down the kisan road, untill I saw this post! Question 1, does the turn signal timer start when brake is released, and question 2 is really silly but are red lenses readily available for rear running/turn signals!

Thanks, cmon payday!

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Fast shipping and tracking info provided quickly. Got it today and installation was a snap. Followed the directions provided with pictures making installation smooth. Connectors and the unit itself are OEM quality! Didn't realize it had the turn signal cancellation built into it when I placed my order. Freakin' Sweet!

I didn't know why I was holding out on buying others that didn't install as easily but provided similar functionality. But I'm glad I did.

Thanks again!!
X'N is De' Wirin Guru! :patriot:
Thanks guys :eek:

Kinda of a silly question, but I was about an hour away of going down the kisan road, untill I saw this post! Question 1, does the turn signal timer start when brake is released, and question 2 is really silly but are red lenses readily available for rear running/turn signals!

Thanks, cmon payday!
Q1: No the brake light has no bearing on turn signal function or timing sequence.
Q2: I have looked for them but not found them other than what Kuryakyn sells with their triple whammy kit. Most of them are all clear with and then you use red color LED's or bulbs or just ditch the stock signals in favor of aftermarket signals. I've been toying with the idea of making red lenses....

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I have the first one he made and it works great except for the 4 way flashers which I have yet to get to flash. He says I can hook my triple whammy back into it for the R/T/B on the rear turnsignals but I haven't had time too yet. I should be slowing down on all the work here this week and I'll let you know how it works out, The flashers aren't a big issue with ne so I'm not upset with that problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dan,

I have a 2010 VT1300CR Stateline. I am interested in your unit.
Is one available or can you make one if I provide you with the needed connector images?

Thx,
Ben

·
Anybody seen my brain?
1,133 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts