Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work tonight I passed a biker that had orange running lights on his mirrors. It took me a second to figure out what it was until we almost passed each other. It really made the bike stand out by far much more then without them. Don't know what kind of bike it was.

Has anyone else seen these or have them? Where can they be purchased at? I think it is a big safety addition to the bike so I want some.
:choppersm

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Why does everything I like cost at least $200.00? :hmm2:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think Angel has some on her bike, she was talking about mirrors in a post. they sure are expensive tho, way out of my league :(

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
mirrors

I had a set of kuryakn mirrors that had turn signals on the front, as well as in the back (glass side). Had to replace them after an unfortunate, "oops the kickstands not down" spill in the driveway, and kuryakn says they don't make them like that anymore. Bummer:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
if its for the bike....its expensive!
I notice from your sig pic that you're a sailor. Having dealt with THAT addiction for most of my adult life, I understand that anything for a bike, boat, plane, etc. is going to be more expensive. If you want to buy a cotter pin for 25 cents, they raise the price by a dollar or two if they know it's for a boat. :eek:

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts

Bikemaster Integrated Wedge Mirror Pair Regularly $89.95

* Get the new look of the integrated turn signal mirrors
* 2 wire allows you to use as turn signal only
* Turn signal has cool sequential L.E.D.'s cascading in turn direction
* Beautifully made and polished, no plastic parts here!
* Precision locking adjustment
* Includes hardware for Harley-Davidson and Metric Cruiser applications
* Sold as a pair

Geezer

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts

Bikemaster Integrated Wedge Mirror Pair Regularly $89.95

* Get the new look of the integrated turn signal mirrors
* 2 wire allows you to use as turn signal only
* Turn signal has cool sequential L.E.D.'s cascading in turn direction
* Beautifully made and polished, no plastic parts here!
* Precision locking adjustment
* Includes hardware for Harley-Davidson and Metric Cruiser applications
* Sold as a pair

Geezer
I like these and the ones below.

I really like these but I'm concerned they would be distracting to the rider. Any thoughts on that?

Regarding price, I found some that were a lot less. I know nothing about the quality, etc. and I think they're only lighted on the back.

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/motorcycle/Turn Signal Mirrors
I like these and they come with the metric adapters as well. Leds are bright even though directional, I would worry about seeing them and distracting me. Also it could make the mirror unless or hard to see in while flashing. I think the lights on the back are the safer of the two. Good price.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I notice from your sig pic that you're a sailor. Having dealt with THAT addiction for most of my adult life, I understand that anything for a bike, boat, plane, etc. is going to be more expensive. If you want to buy a cotter pin for 25 cents, they raise the price by a dollar or two if they know it's for a boat. :eek:
Boy, isnt that the truth! Motorcycles, boats, planes....these all are way out of line in their pricing. And in motorcycle accessories, exhaust systems in particular, why are the Honda vtx exhaust systems always more than Suzuki, or kawi or yami or hardly?? Grrrrr, agravates me..

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
if its for the bike....its expensive!
Boy, isnt that the truth! Motorcycles, boats, planes....these all are way out of line in their pricing. And in motorcycle accessories, exhaust systems in particular, why are the Honda vtx exhaust systems always more than Suzuki, or kawi or yami or hardly?? Grrrrr, agravates me..
Having supported aircraft, boat, and bike habits in my life, aircraft is the most expensive by far. They even charge more for the air in the tires.

Geezer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts