Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finished up with a couple more projects. I Re-sealed front forks, and since I had them apart, I figured it would be a good time to install Progressive Springs. It was nice to be able to get all of the old fork oil out. While the forks were off the bike, I figured it would be a good time to replace the steering head bearings and races with All Balls Bearings. Kind of a bear getting the bottom bearing off and new one on. Since I had the fuel tank off, I figured I would go through all of the Ground Connections. Glad I finally did that!! Then I adjusted the valves. Anyone that tells you that checking and adjusting the rear cylinder exhaust valve is a piece of cake, is using some sort of voodoo magic. Got it done tho. Replaced the coolant. Changed the oil and filter with Amzoil Synthetic. Replaced the spark plugs with Bosch 4419's. Installed the diode kit for the blinker buddy in my Ultimate seat. I had the rear exhaust pipe off to adjust the valves, and found that I had a leak where the head pipe connects to the head. Anyways, Glad to get it all done. I was surprised to find that it runs so much smoother than it did before the work. Don't know if it was the new plugs, Ground Mod, valve adjust or what. Maybe a combination of all of them. I thought it was running fine before. Nice Surprise. Dynabeads are on the way, and I ordered a Bi-Zenon HID headlight kit off ebay. $39.99, and that includes shipping. Do the changes ever end??? Love the X. Just Shoot me.:choppersm

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I like those spark plugs, using those as well. Did the diode kit and the HID just recently too... love doing stuff with the X.

Mort

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mort. I actually read the thread you wrote about the HID Light kit, and ordered it through the link you posted. Thanks. You said it was an easy install, and you were happy with the results. Sounds good to me. Lookling forward to putting it in.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Hey Mort. I actually read the thread you wrote about the HID Light kit, and ordered it through the link you posted. Thanks. You said it was an easy install, and you were happy with the results. Sounds good to me. Lookling forward to putting it in.
Great, glad my experience helped with your choice, looking forward to your feedback as well.

I'm just happy an HID kit doesn't need to cost $100+.

Mort

1 - 5 of 5 Posts