Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this story on local news website. Sure hope it is not one of our guys, but sad nevertheless.:(

Biker killed in collision with deer

Updated: Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010, 9:31 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010, 8:55 AM EST
GREENFIELD, Ind. (WISH) - Investigators say a helmet could have saved the life of a motorcyclist who hit a deer Tuesday morning in Hancock County.
Sgt. Jeff Rasche with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department says the 50-year-old man was traveling west bound on County Road 300 North near County Road 50 East when the deer darted in his path.
Deputies say the man was dead when they arrived on the scene.
The road is back open after being closed for an hour.
The victim’s name hasn't been released pending notification of family members.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
man that is sad.... will be praying for the family....

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Sad news for sure.
People are always saying to me "you're gonna get killed riding that thing" and I always reply "maybe so...but I'll die happy".
I hope he did.

Wear your hats guys.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I've only rode a couple of times without a lid. Mid day middle of nowhere, and nothing but fields around. Sad that someone died because they weren't wearing one. As for ride through the deer, I've read a few stories that make it seem like the best thing to do on a bike is hold on tight and go straight.

·
FDC !! The Real Truth...
855 Posts
that'll make 2 local riders in the past year that have contacted deer.... Adam was luckier... and is still alive.. although I talked with him today guys and he is having to have surgery on his wrist from the deer accident 7 months ago... its either that or never ride again... his surgery is schedule for Dec 8th... so is my next back surgery.... So we will both be going under on the same day.. how strange.... This past October during the Fall Meet and Greet ride coming back from Big Kahuna's place our whole pack had run up against 5 deer trying to shoot the gap between us.... the van in front of us clipped one and the rest ran down the side of the road and then shot across as after we had slowed a bit..... crazy man....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts