Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

So I finally got my Tsukayu vtx specific hard bags in and installed them. I am looking for organizer ideas. I figure I want to hold the following:
Small tool set (move the one from the tool box over to the bags)
Registration/Insurance Paperwork
Tire Plug Kit
12v Tire inflation kit
Jumper Cables
Gloves
etc

What are people doing for organizers? My Tsukayu bags use clamps (quick disconnect) so those mounting locations can not be used. Here are some pictures, and size for reference. These bags can fit 2 half helmets and then some:

Two half helmets:

]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those bags look great. I recently ordered the same ones. I was just wondering how long it took for them to be delivered.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
My LeatherLyke bags have a sort of rounded bottom. I've carefully measured and cut a cardboard 'false bottom', putting some hand tools, things like fuses and plastic ties, tape, etc. under there and then bigger stuff like my bike cover, rain gear, first aid kit, whatever can still fit on top of the false bottom

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those bags look great. I recently ordered the same ones. I was just wondering how long it took for them to be delivered.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It took about 3 weeks. But it was right after they reopened their factory and before COVID-19 hit the US. It may be much longer now...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My LeatherLyke bags have a sort of rounded bottom. I've carefully measured and cut a cardboard 'false bottom', putting some hand tools, things like fuses and plastic ties, tape, etc. under there and then bigger stuff like my bike cover, rain gear, first aid kit, whatever can still fit on top of the false bottom
Thanks. Great idea.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,385 Posts
I had the Leatherlyke bags and loved them until I saw the Tsukayu bags on a friend's bike. I had them painted to match. I never used organizers in either bag. I will place items in plastic zip lock bags so they don't get lost. Seems like too much added weight to put specific organizers in them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts