Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here it goes.

Bikerbandit has the Samson Shogun Warlords for $142.86. These are for the VTX 1800. No baffles. 2 1/4" pipes with heat shields.

I just picked up a set and am going to install them tomorrow.

Wanted to let ya'll know if you were looking for after market pipes. I have been for awhile but I try to juggle spending money between the bike and the Chevelle.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
be sure to let us know how it goes, pics will help a lot. Are you going to run them without baffles? Good luck, and thanks for posting for others who might be waiting for a good price on pipes. Bry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to give them a shot without the baffles. I think they are going to be to loud for the neighbors.

I talked to one of my neighbors who has a Goldwing and he said "Nah, it won't bother us"

I don't think he understands how much this is going to open up the sound from the stock exhaust cans!

I'll post pics before and after.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've got the slash cut warlords on mine. They were on the bike when I bought it. I don't like the looks all that much, but they sound awesome. They're really loud. Mine also don't have any baffles.

I don't know if yours will do it, but my rear pipe has blued really badly where it meets the header. It starts at the joint and goes back about 6 inches or so. I'm planning on getting them black ceramic coated this winter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Big-X.

I guess i shoulda just posted the link.

Are you running fuel management on your bike FISTer? This is my first mechanical upgrade on the bike. I am debating getting the PC3. I understand that may help it run cooler and avoid the blueing. Not to mention, give er more power.

Everyone needs "More Power"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after a lot of head scratching, reading instructions that made no sense, looking at parts that came with the pipes I didn't need, trips to the hardware store, and a bench grinder, I got the pipes installed.

No decel popping or anything. I was surprised.

Be warned. The exhaust flange for the front cylinder needs to be ground down to fit up to the exhaust port. No biggie but i didn't have a bench grinder. Took all of 10 minutes once i did.

One other thing. Will reseting the computer by disconnecting the battery help anything?

I would think the computer has a spectrum that it can adapt to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Look and sound GREAT!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all! Can't wait for the plates for the desmog and the baffles to arrive this week.

I haven't done the ground fix so I'm going to kill a few birds with 1 stone.....or a few knuckles with 1 wrench.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got thru chatting on bike bandits with a rep. Asking if they would fit my 2003 1800-S and they said, NO. Is that why you had to do the grinding or am I misinformed by the chat sales lady?

Just wondering b/c I am considering this exhaust.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They fit my S just fine.

Bagman, I'm sure you've probably figured this out already, but riding in shorts with these pipes is a big no-no. I'm 6'2 and when I have my feet on the ground the inside of my leg can very easily touch the header.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My bike is a 2003 1800s. I had to grind the flange slightly on the front cyllinder, but they fit fine.

I too found out they are a tad warm. I'm 6'4 and noticed em pretty quick with the pants on. I'd hate to try it in shorts!

Baffles arrived today so I'll post another vid once i get em installed. I'd put em on tonight but I don't think the neighbors would be to happy at 12:00AM.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I leave the house for work at about 11:45pm and in the cool/dense night air, it rattles the neighborhood. I just consider it payback for all the noise they make during the day while I'm trying to sleep. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts