Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Gator for life
4,111 Posts
Scored this today from one of my deliveries! 10 ga. polished aluminum tread plate. Any ideas?? I was thinking floorboards and maybe a insert for the back of my sissybar.
Both good ideas and I can't think of too many other things that are flat like that. Hmmmmm.

Have to think on this one. Good score though. :mosh:

· Tater
98 Posts
My friend made a set of rear boards on his softtail. We painted them black, sanded the paint off of the raised part, and cleared them. They looked awesome.

· Gator for life
4,111 Posts
My friend made a set of rear boards on his softtail. We painted them black, sanded the paint off of the raised part, and cleared them. They looked awesome.

That sounds pretty cool.:hmm2:

· Registered
5,337 Posts
Congrats on the score!! I've never posted pics and don't know that I have any showing it clearly, but I used some diamond plate to make a luggage rack for my bike. I actually drew a pattern on the underside (smooth side), then went at it with a jig saw. Had a local shop weld a couple of of pieces to the bottom of it and mounted it my sissy bar. Works great for me.

· No Reason To Be Serious
16,492 Posts
Maybe you could fashion some wind deflectors for along the forks beneath a windshield... or maybe a cool piece of tank trim coming from the gas cap back to the seat, like I have seen on some of them... uh er... "american" bikes...

· Tater
98 Posts
maybe a design, VTX or something that you could bolt to your sissy bar or air cleaner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.