Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought pair of Screaming eagle slip-ons off ebay... anybody heard them on a 1300? While i wait on delievery what will need to fit them to my bike? Man I hope they go on easy....:mosh:

·
ride to eat to live, ?
108 Posts

·
ride to eat to live, ?
108 Posts
can you yahoo im or regular email? yahoo im is pgisme007
email is [email protected], just easier than pms.
thers no problem just a cupla things

did you get the same eagles as mine? any questions just ask ill help all i can

·
ride to eat to live, ?
108 Posts
no sound clip, but it sounds just as good as 400$ set of pipes. youll need collar reducers from jc whitney, here. and make a brackt from some scrap metal.
http://tinyurl.com/5v7vm6

after you remove the stock mufflers theres a ring on the outside of the pipe you need to cut it with a hack saw or dremel and it will fall off allowing the slip-ons to slid up onto the pipe more

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
they will do o.k.

i have hd dyna pipes on my 1300S (the previous owner did that some years ago).

i did over 8k miles the last 10 month and there are no probs with them!

ride safe

harry

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had a pair of Screaming Eagle Slashcuts on mine until I got a deal on the set of Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts. They were quite loud to begin with, so I put some short home-made baffles in 'em. That made them sound lower and a bit less harsh. I do like the Cobras I have now tho... Not so loud puttin round the neighborhood; but plenty LOUD when you really twist it. Overall, the best sounding exhaust I've heard is still Sideburners... kewl pipes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everybody for your help!!!

got my screaming eagle slip-ons on my bike today and all I can say is WOW !!!!:mosh:

It was very easy to install after taking off stockers....

Got to finish my bracket brace for the pipes tomorrow...

If I can figure out how to put on a picture and sound clip I will do so ASAP...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a pair of Screaming Eagle Slashcuts on mine until I got a deal on the set of Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts. They were quite loud to begin with, so I put some short home-made baffles in 'em. That made them sound lower and a bit less harsh. I do like the Cobras I have now tho... Not so loud puttin round the neighborhood; but plenty LOUD when you really twist it. Overall, the best sounding exhaust I've heard is still Sideburners... kewl pipes.
My question to you all is with the Screamin Eagle pipes, did you have to rejet your bike?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts