Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, folks. I'm trying to find something that I've had no luck finding, maybe you can help.

On Memorial day a couple of weekends ago, I was part of of a PGR presence for a ceremony at our local veterans cemetery. Same azzhole stole my riding glasses off my bike.:mad: These were really nice glasses, and I'm having a hell of a time replacing them.:banghead: Bought two sets of Bobsters, but they're not right. I've hesitated to ask because I have no picture that you can look at. All I can do is describe them and see if anyone can come up with a web site that sells them.

1. Black plastic wrap around type frame. (Not goggles)
2. Interchangeable lenses. Dark smoke, yellow, and clear.
3. The extra lenses came in small black felt bags to keep them from getting scratched.
4. On the bag is the logo "AOS" inside a oval. Kind of like the STP logo, but different letters.

I know that's not much to go on but if anyone knows the brand, and where I can get some, I'd sure appreciate it.

Ride Safe:choppersm

·
Sarge
643 Posts
AOS was "merged" into 3Mtekk...:banghead: I think the glasses themselves are still called "Maxim" You may still be able to find the original AOS glasses on eBay...

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am the GOOGLE MASTER !!!
No argument here, brother. I googled every way I could think of, and nothing came up. Thanks again. If you ever get up to East Texas, I'll buy you a beer! :cheers:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Times have changed haven't they Bear? I remember when we used to leave baseball gloves, balls, hats or anything else hanging off of our bicycles and never worried about anything being gone. Didn't lock car doors in the parking lots. House doors stayed unlocked when we weren't home and we left keys in the car parked in the driveway.

Now you hear about the loss of entire sets of golf clubs outside a proshop, any bicycle that is not chained down, helmets off bikes and anything that is not anchored to the planet on an almost permanent basis is fair game.

A guy who was at the hospital lost his dog - out of the bed of his pickup. Oh did I forget to mention he was chained in with a small covered chain. It had been cut. Great Dane about half grown !! From in front of the building with widows facing the street where the truck was parked.

Glad you found some replacements "D". If it was me I would order 2 pair knowing my history with keeping up with stuff ..... Those look pretty good. I am need some new glasses - was wanting polarized transitionals but they are somewhat pricey - especially for someone as irresponsible as me.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Times have changed haven't they Bear? I remember when we used to leave baseball gloves, balls, hats or anything else hanging off of our bicycles and never worried about anything being gone. Didn't lock car doors in the parking lots. House doors stayed unlocked when we weren't home and we left keys in the car parked in the driveway.

Now you hear about the loss of entire sets of golf clubs outside a proshop, any bicycle that is not chained down, helmets off bikes and anything that is not anchored to the planet on an almost permanent basis is fair game.

A guy who was at the hospital lost his dog - out of the bed of his pickup. Oh did I forget to mention he was chained in with a small covered chain. It had been cut. Great Dane about half grown !! From in front of the building with widows facing the street where the truck was parked.

Glad you found some replacements "D". If it was me I would order 2 pair knowing my history with keeping up with stuff ..... Those look pretty good. I am need some new glasses - was wanting polarized transitionals but they are somewhat pricey - especially for someone as irresponsible as me.

You sound like a big city person. In both the small towns I live in things are still that way. My house and vehickes are both unlocked and the truck and bike have the keys in them. If my neighbors need something and we're not home they just go gey it and leave a note on the counter.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You better stick them in your bags from now on, $40 ain't chicken feed.
You're right about that Jerry. They'll be locked in the saddle bags from here on out.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
The part of this that get's me the most is the fact that your shades were stolen at a PGR mission, at a cemetary, on Memorial Day no less. You would think that the folks that would show up on Memorial Day at a cemetary on a PGR ride would have a little more class than to pinch some shades off another man's ride.
You know it's not like your bike was parked in front of strip club where something like that would almost be expected.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The part of this that get's me the most is the fact that your shades were stolen at a PGR mission, at a cemetary, on Memorial Day no less. You would think that the folks that would show up on Memorial Day at a cemetary on a PGR ride would have a little more class than to pinch some shades off another man's ride.
You know it's not like your bike was parked in front of strip club where something like that would almost be expected.
Yeah, that really bummed me out too. You'd think that someone that got up and rode in the heat on a holiday would probably not steal something off a bike. Disappointing for sure.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
You sound like a big city person. In both the small towns I live in things are still that way. My house and vehickes are both unlocked and the truck and bike have the keys in them. If my neighbors need something and we're not home they just go gey it and leave a note on the counter.
Yep - "Big City". Home town 1950 folks. Town where I work around 5000.

95% of our problem around here can be attributed to immigrant problem. A culture that has no compass. What isn't stolen is defaced or destroyed.

Sad Sad. I can't imagine living in Dallas - Fort Worth - Houston - San Antonio or any other large city anywhere.

Friends and relatives I have in these places won't even wear flip flops because they are so insecure ....

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Sorry to here a small town with big city troubles. Not many low lifes up here, trees are the biggest industry and you need skills to pick these puppies.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
It amazes me as to what our "Civilized Society" has DESOLVED into. I will help a guy out when we he needs it. I will share what I have if he ask's. The first time I catch him stealing from me, Done.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
It amazes me as to what our "Civilized Society" has DESOLVED into. I will help a guy out when we he needs it. I will share what I have if he ask's. The first time I catch him stealing from me, Done.
If you were around here you would need lots of means for the "done" thing.

Telling on my age - I do remember the times when all doors were left unlocked 24 / 7. Yards were left littered with toys, tools and whatever. Never a worry or never a concern it wouldn't be there when you got back. If it wasn't there your first thought wasn't "some sorry SOB took ...", the first thought was I wonder what neighbor or friend got it and when you figured it would be back.

I want those times back .... Ain't gonna happen but I do wish. I would love to have that for my grandkids. What an environment to grow up in.

Instead now my wife and I along with my father and mother in law just finished concealed carry licensing and I have purchased 3 handguns in 3 months.

The last 2 weeks I have been training my 12 year and 10 year granddaughters how to handle and fire a weapon. The really sad part of that is I feel in our society locally and in our time this is absolutely necessary and that I would be negligent in not doing so.

Times HAVE CHANGED !!! I am sorry to say "We have civilized ourselves right out of a civilization".

Our civilization IMHO hasn't desolved, we have just lost the balls to do what is necessary to rid ourselves of and keep our society free of this "element".

The greatest skill among our undesirable element is the ablility to sign up and qualify for every State and Federal give away program available. And even for this cheat and lie so this is just another form of theft they think nothing about.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Bobby, you're not telling on your age, just remembering a time when you could actually do those things, when I was a kid it was the same way. No need to lock up, or chain down everything you owned to make sure it was still there in the morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts