Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 Honda VTX 1300c and I absolutely love it! However I took it for a good 60 mile ride yesterday and realized my ass was killing me. I've read that Ultimate seats are good, can anyone confirm? If so where do I get a good deal on one..... By the way I don't want a Driver seat back rest. My other question has to do with leg room, I'm 6'0 and it feels like I need just a couple more inches....Will the new seat possibly give those couple inches? It seems like too much money for forward controls since I only need a couple more inches. Thanks for any ideas!

·
High-Tech *******
1,039 Posts
IMHO, I don't like the ultimates. They seem to push me forward. Again, that could just be me. I LOVE my mustang seat though. I was like you and could barely go 50 or 60 miles before I wanted to stop. Now I can run her out of gas before stopping. There are a couple of members here who customize seats also. A2Zcustomupholstry and Mean City cycles. Both do great work and will give you an alternative to buying just an aftermarket seat.

As for the forward controls, I'm in a similar shape as you height wise. I just got a set of highway pegs to stretch out on when I'm cruising and just move down to the stock pegs when I need to. That seems to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts