Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot of posts about how cushions help with numb butts but is there a solution to a passenger with a bad back?
My wife’s back has gotten bad and riding has gotten painful to the point she no longer enjoys it.
any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
547 Posts
Do you have a backrest for her? You could do a tourpack with a nice backrest, or a sissybar with a big back rest, or a seat with integrated backrest like what I have.

When I ride with my wife, I have a corbin Dual Tour seat with the larger back rests. This seat is firm, so it might not be for everyone. 99% of the time I ride solo, and have a solo setup with a Ultimate big boy and solo rack.

Corbin Dual Tour seat:

My dual tour setup:

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
547 Posts
I would suggest getting the full Ultimate package (if you have the cash). Drivers seat, drivers backrest, passenger seat and the sissy bar pad. Maybe see if they will make a custom sissy bar pad that is taller, so she has more of a backrest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll look into it. Thanks.
We had a Valkyrie interstate for 20 years. That rear seat was like a living room easy chair. Lol.

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
You can also get those rear armrest things that swing away for getting on, off. Might give her more security.

Reactions: Myvalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts