Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda VTX 1300c
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all looking to upgrade me seat on my 1300c. Been looking just want opinions the 2 i like are ultimate seat vs mustang seat. if you have one of these seats let me know how it is

·
Registered
17,138 Posts
Hey all looking to upgrade me seat on my 1300c. Been looking just want opinions the 2 i like are ultimate seat vs mustang seat. if you have one of these seats let me know how it is
While expensive, you will be hard-pressed to find a better more comfortable seat than the Ultimate-X. There are cheaper options, but none better. Anything is better than the stock seat, even a re-upholstered stock seat.

·
Super Moderator
10,817 Posts
Both the Ultimate and the Mustang have strong proponents. They are both way better than stock. Heck, slightly contoured plywood is better than stock :) The Ultimate is very "cushy" and comes in various models suitable for different sized persons. The Mustang has thinner padding and is less "cushy" but has really good shape to avoid pressure points and I suspect the foam cushioning is very high quality. If the Mustang comes in different models based on shape/size, I am unaware of it. You cannot go wrong with either choice. Best option is to try to find some to sit on to test how your butt feels in both. Whichever one you get, do yourself a favor and get the rider back rest that goes with it.

·
Registered
2007 Honda VTX 1300c
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys funny i brought my VTX new 2007 rode it 60k miles and now that i'm older a 40 mile ride is hurting my a$$. I have no issues spending $500 on a seat just want the perfect for me seat

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
828 Posts
Hard to say perfect for someone else is the worst for you. But I think you'll have good luck either way you go. I was lucky enough to have had a Mustang seat with a backrest on my 05 Retro 1300 when I got it. So glad it was there. 55,000 me miles of good sitting in the 8 years I had it. To me, nice and wide, good support on the butt and back with the rest. Soft, but not squishy. But the foam would gather a little water when it raied a lot. And would squish out the seams. I always kept a big garbage bag with me if I had to park it outside and rain was unavoidable. I also wear a kidney back support belt on long trips. Just that much more support to make the ride better. My experience is Mustang, and I have no complaints about it. I wish I could fit one on my Roadmaster now like I had on my Honda. The stock Indian seat and aftermarket seats are all like riding on horse saddle on a giant banana with the front end of the seat pointing up so far against the tank. Everyone has different anatomy and tactical girth.

·
Registered
2007 Honda VTX 1300c
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to say perfect for someone else is the worst for you. But I think you'll have good luck either way you go. I was lucky enough to have had a Mustang seat with a backrest on my 05 Retro 1300 when I got it. So glad it was there. 55,000 me miles of good sitting in the 8 years I had it. To me, nice and wide, good support on the butt and back with the rest. Soft, but not squishy. But the foam would gather a little water when it raied a lot. And would squish out the seams. I always kept a big garbage bag with me if I had to park it outside and rain was unavoidable. I also wear a kidney back support belt on long trips. Just that much more support to make the ride better. My experience is Mustang, and I have no complaints about it. I wish I could fit one on my Roadmaster now like I had on my Honda. The stock Indian seat and aftermarket seats are all like riding on horse saddle on a giant banana with the front end of the seat pointing up so far against the tank. Everyone has different anatomy and tactical girth.
Quick question How tall are you and how much do you weight about

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a Mustang seat and really like it but I’ve never sat on an Ultimate. Personally I think a wild animal trying to eat it’s way in would be more comfortable that the stock seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,436 Posts
try another approach.....look into a seat cushion....I have a Wild Ass seat cushion on my Wing and love it!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every a$$ is different, I have a Mustang on my 1800F. Don't like it. It just hits me wrong but someone else will likely think it is the best ever. Find a way to try before you buy.

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300R
709 Posts
I like my Ultimate. It is like riding a lazy boy. Never have sat on a Mustang though.

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
You think that they are great? If down the road you need service, you will think that they are unbelievable, at least I do!!! I bought my Ultimate Low Boy riders seat, passengers seat, riders backrest and passengers backrest from a Cafe member ~ 5 years ago. First thing I did was contact Ultimate and order a set of rain covers for both seats, which were delivered promptly (very happy)! The previous owner had drilled the riders seat mounting brackets out so that he could use aftermarket pins to hold the seats in place instead of the bolts with which the seats are designed to used (in order to use pins to attach the seat I would have had to drill out the seat mounting holes in the rail in order to install pins ( why would you use pins to hold down a high dollar seat set? What,,,,to make it easier for the thief?). After riding on the riders seat without any attachments holding the seat down for about 2 years I discovered that the riders seat pan (the hard plastic frame that the seat and hold down brackets are attached to) had cracked. I called Ultimate and told them that the pan had cracked and asked what it would cost to have them replace the pan. I was told that the pan would be replaced for free. I explained that the previous owner who had bought the seats from had drilled the seat brackets and that I would be more than happy to pay for the pan replacement and if it would be possible to have the brackets replaced so that in the future I could bolt the seat down. She replied that the pan was guaranteed for life and they would replace it for free regardless, which they did, including the brackets!

In 2018 while I was in Sturges South Dakota for the Harley get together I stopped by the Ultimate booth and inquired about getting a new set of seat rain covers as my original covers had about worn out (I had put over 13,000 miles on the seat in that time period and there was a lot of rain in the period) he went into the back and came out with a new set of covers in a draw string carry bag and handed them to me, when I inquired about the price he told me that they were free and he loved to see worn out seat covers because that meant that we were really riders! So, yes I would overwhelmingly recommend Ultimate seats!!!!!!

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,750 Posts
That c model stock seat is a well engineered torture device :eek:o_O I had a Mustang seat next. It was much better but still got butt sore after 400 miles.Changed my rear fender to an r model in 2016 and had to get a new seat (different outter fender rails) so I decided to try the Ultimate low-rider. Wow - a keeper. After a year I got the backrest and had no clue why I waited so long to be comfy. Recently bought the passenger pillon from Ultimate. Sometimes they have their seats in Florida so it cuts down on time to ship/receive.
It's a seat I'd recommend (Ultimate Big boy for those a having tactical girth) (y)

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
828 Posts
Quick question How tall are you and how much do you weight about
5'7 and probably at that time about 235 stocky build.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,436 Posts
I have an Ultimate on my bike.....not sure I would rush to get another. I put a seat cushion on my new wing....it's amazing. I have the Wild Ass seat cushion. much less $$ to buy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts