Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yes, it was good to get out and see everyone. I wasn't 100 percent this weekend. I arrived home about 4 yesterday. This morning I woke up with a cold. Still it was good to get away for a bit. Just hope the next time it's dry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Yes, it was good to get out and see everyone. I wasn't 100 percent this weekend. I arrived home about 4 yesterday. This morning I woke up with a cold. Still it was good to get away for a bit. Just hope the next time it's dry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You needed some (cough,cough) "syrup" in you. Or, maybe just more than you had, LOL.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
Hey Walter, it's a good thing I was under the weather and didn't make it to breakfast. I had some plans for your Hot Tea.
You mean coffee.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Hey Walter, it's a good thing I was under the weather and didn't make it to breakfast. I had some plans for your Hot Tea.
Yes I bet you did, LOL!

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
It is very interesting to me to compare the pictures you took of the motorcycle museum in Ohio to Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC. This comparison clearly demonstrates something I've been saying since my first visit to WTT. At WTT, the number of bikes, the number of bike parts, the number of very old bikes, and the fact that every bike in the museum allegedly will start and run are all VERY impressive. However, as a museum, WTT would benefit greatly from the services of a professional curator. There are piles of stuff laying around. There are lots of bikes displayed with no context - no info about the bike, its place in history, its link to other bikes/people/society/etc. Looking at your pictures, the Ohio museum clearly has been curated to a much larger degree than has WTT. Different strokes for different folks and I know a lot of people who think WTT is awesome. I like WTT but would prefer to have more backstory like appears to be present at the Ohio museum you guys visited. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Mr. Vinish..

I agree.

Detail... information, DATA.... History...

it does NOT been a complete history of a machine.... or design details..

but its place in History... why its important...

.. a different POINT...
check out the wheels... on most of the bikes... NO front brakes... or very small ones... just saying.. them riders were NUTS..
Fred Flintstone brakes.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
AMA museum is mostly member donations so the history of the bikes comes with it. It also means small museum and limited number of bikes on display. They have touch screens throughout with information on members and their bikes.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
You gonna spoil the museum visit for everyone lol

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Second annual Riverside spring ride 2019 May 3,4,& 5

Thanks smitty for the guardian bell for the new bike

I still have a couple videos I’ll get them posted soon.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Your pix are great, Bruce.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Yes. Had a great time seeing all again even if'n I wasn't riding.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,988 Posts
161 - 180 of 187 Posts