Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a really great day today...Spring finally decided to show up here on a weekend with no work..

I got to go for a ride and had commited myself to a Bike Show today (our local Eagles Club)...I met the Club President at the last bike show and he asked me if I would bring my bike...

Last minute decision to put on the EGA Spyker airbox...

Got lots of compliments and gave lots of "Thanks for your service"..

Funniest part of the day was a dad who had his little boy (4-5 yrs old) and walked up to my bike and in a very confident voice said "Oh look, a fatboy"...I did not say a thing (no need to mess up his father/son time)...his back was to me as he came around the back and saw HONDA on the passenger seat...I know he noticed, but he did not skip a beat and kept on walking to the next bike...BTW, I was the ONLY Honda there amongst the 30 or so HD's, and this is what I brought home with me..

All in all a pretty good weekend...:choppersm

·
Registered
664 Posts
congrats man!!!!! Very astute move by letting dad have his moment with the yungun. The kid will figure out eventually the difference...LOL

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
thats really kool, cant wait to see it in person in july

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Congrats on the award!! Does this make two?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Very cool. Congrats on the award.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Nice going Ed, a good ride, another award and a classy move. All in all that sounds like a pretty darn good day. Congrats! :mosh: Bry

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the award!! Does this make two?
Yes it does....might sound a bit "off center" here, but truly the best "Award" is getting to meet and thank alot of Veterans who have so bravely served this country....

Thanks again for all the kind words folks....

Congrats Ed, that was a wise Dad to just shut up.
So bad of me, but I am still cracking up about that....:icon_mrha

It was priceless....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts