1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Kuryakyn laydown, pricey but I was only buying one.

Thanks, Bear - That does look awesome - I found it (Kury 9171) for $65 and free shipping at Biker Trends (they rock!) - is that a worthy price for it? :hmm2:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I did mine for $4!!!!!!! Found a Kuyrakyn tag frame on a clearance table, drilled three holes in the backing plate and bolted it on using the stock bolts.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Thanks, Bear - That does look awesome - I found it (Kury 9171) for $65 and free shipping at Biker Trends (they rock!) - is that a worthy price for it? :hmm2:
It all depends on what you want on your bike and what you're willing to pay. This may be my last bike so I spent the mony to get what i wanted. MtCruiser found his for $4 and i made him happy. You have to decide what worthy is to you.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
It all depends on what you want on your bike and what you're willing to pay. This may be my last bike so I spent the mony to get what i wanted. MtCruiser found his for $4 and i made him happy. You have to decide what worthy is to you.
+1 Just beware that when you put a lay down plate on the tag light no longer shines on the plate. You can get some LED Bolts that replace the bolts that mount your tag and they will light it up.
Also Bassdude makes a lay down plate and frame that will hide the wires.:choppersm

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Man, the stock license plate holder on the bike is so cheap and plasticky. What improvement options are out there? Seeking your advice... Thanks! :patriot:
I just ordered these last night and they will be here on Thursday. Shipping is free. Check out the reviews.
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=2639&str=13
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1423&str=13
Overall, I think the best deal without spending a ridiculous amount for a license plate holder.
Sign up for their email alerts before you order and they will send you a code for $5.00 off your purchase.
So, I paid $39 so you could get yours for $34.
Thanks, That was my next mod and you two saved me the trouble of looking for parts. :mosh::mosh::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts