Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my bike :-( but I'm not sure what it's worth. Could someone that isn't interested in buying it give me a starting point?

Chrome Handle Grips--$21.94
Brake Pads--$18.50
C&C Seat--$349.96
Dyna Beads--$23.99
Internatrix Alarm--$169
RC Components "Vega" Polished wheels and Matching Rotors--$2267.
8 degree Trees--$545
Dunlop Elite III Tires--$231.08
Kury Silver Bullets W/ Mounts and RTB--$315.79
Modified 240 Swingarm--$398
Curved License Plate Holder--$35.98
Rear "Victory Cut" Fender W/Struts--$766.37
Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust--$534.78
Arnott Air Suspension--$768.15
2" VTX-Treme fork extensions--$77.50
Swingarm Pivot Covers--$22.50

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I am sorry to hear this, why you selling? I would suggest starting around 6,000, but I would wait for the Vets on here to post

·
X Virgin
5,227 Posts
Great looking bike.

You may get a bit of a premium for the wheels, fender, maybe the air ride.
jmo but the bike is worth about 6K if it's decent mileage plus about $1000 for being a unique well built ride.

It's a buyers market and I think you can get $6500 for it but I know a lot more about the bagger values. Sometimes the right guy comes along and really wants what you've built and knows it will take time and money to get what you got and/or he doesn't have the skills. Others look just at price and see other '06 C's more stock for 5 grand, lots of them on cycletrader.

Others opinions WILL vary.

·
Super Moderator
10,299 Posts
I hope you do well but from what I've seen you will get about 10 cents on the dollar for the aftermarket parts. The exception would be if you found exactly the right person who loved your setup. You would be better off taking some or all of these parts off and selling them separately where you might get 40-60% of their original value and then put back on the original parts if you've kept them.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
With all those upgrades check with the Chief he would have a good idea.

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
Robert --- Really hate to see ya getting rid of such a successful project. And I bet you already know the HIT you get letting aftermarket parts go with the bike. I too would recommend selling everything special separately. Still gonna take a loss but not as bad. Hope you have some of the original parts available. I believe The Chief was going down the same road and decided to keep his X. Wishing you good luck which ever way you decide to go.

·
Registered
882 Posts
What the ****!!

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
I hope you do well but from what I've seen you will get about 10 cents on the dollar for the aftermarket parts. The exception would be if you found exactly the right person who loved your setup. You would be better off taking some or all of these parts off and selling them separately where you might get 40-60% of their original value and then put back on the original parts if you've kept them.

G'day,

Vinish
This is correct. Sad but true even when it's as well done as yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think your should ask $5 for it and I just happen to have a nice crisp new 5 dollar bill right here in my billfold !!! Lol! All kidding aside it's a beautiful bike !

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I truly hate to sell it, but due to financial reasons I must. Thank you all for the info.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great looking bike I hope you get top dollar for it . How many miles are on the bike ?

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Unless you find the person that wants THAT BIKE you not going to get your money back. It is still just a "07 C, that looks REALLY cool. That's why everyone puts their bike back to stock when they sell. You may only get $750+ more than the next guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts