Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VTX 1800 S2, studded Viking pocket bags, studded Mustang sissy bar.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently changed my oil, last weekend, and now I have noticed my shifter sticking in the down position randomly. How can I fix this?

second, I bleed my brakes and clutch today. My clutch was super soft when I was done, but after squeezing it a few times it firmed up. It stayed good through my ride this evening. Is that normal or do I have air in my line?

thank you for your insight

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,693 Posts
Might be unrelated to the oil change. Check the shifter linkage.

If your clutch is soft again on another day then yep probably got air in it somewhere. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it much.

·
Registered
78 Posts
shifter problem is unrelated to oil change, remove gearshift and grease shifter link and it should be fine.
1800 clutch is a bit on heavy side with hydraulic system

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ha
Ok so I recently changed my oil, last weekend, and now I have noticed my shifter sticking in the down position randomly. How can I fix this?

second, I bleed my brakes and clutch today. My clutch was super soft when I was done, but after squeezing it a few times it firmed up. It stayed good through my ride this evening. Is that normal or do I have air in my line?

thank you for your insight
d the same problem ,with my shifter staying down and I would lift it with my foot. I forget how I fixed it. I think I took off the shifter lever and lubed somthing. It is fine now. I hope that helped. I’m new to this forum.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Lube the two heim joints in the linkage between the shift lever and the arm coming out of the transmission. No guarantee this will help but others have reported this curing problems with the shifter sticking.

Reactions: PopeGitmo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts