Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had around 9k on the bike when I put the rear Shinko on. I now have over 17k on the bike. The tire is beginning to show signs of wear .. typical uneven wear ... I paid around $130 for the tire. I just ordered another from Amazon for $93 plus $8 dollars shipping. Ill probably ride the tire for another 1000 or 2000 miles ..

This tire took the ride to Sturgis and was ridden locally during the occasional commute and in the twisties. Handling is good in all weather conditions and on all surfaces.

Great tire for the price.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well .. .not cupping in the true sense .. but yeah kinda sorta like cupping. 40 lbs on the button ...

·
Master Chromer
4,226 Posts
My metzlers ran pretty much bald with wicked back cupping currently at about 7700 miles. I ran down to about 32 psi a couple of times but that sucks. I'm kinda pissed, that sucks for $400. And no I refuse to go darkside........in case anyone was gonna say it :) I may try the Dunflop Elite III's as folks have told me they've gotten 15k to 20k out of those.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya AZ, I wont rave about them yet. Once Ive put three on and get about the same mileage on each ... then maybe .. but with the stats Ive given already .. the Shinko 757, at least in my mind, is lining up as the best option. The cost is less than stock and I get just as many miles as some get with the high ends.

·
Invisible one
96 Posts
May have something to do with the roads you ride and the way you ride them also, I drove two identical vehicles one emergency one personal, with same brand tires the work vehicle wore tires at twice the rate than my personal and both were serviced the same only real diff was the way they were driven.:coffee:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts