Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok heres a couple questions for you ape guys. If your looking to bring your bars back a couple inches for comfort... is there any advantage of apes over risers ? How far back to apes generally bring you ? and it was mentioned that it changes the feel of steering the bike... is it a HUGE change or is it something you can get used too. I do a lot of slow speed tight turns and maneuvering around town here and hate to think it would become permanently harder to control. otherwise I like the look of apes.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ok heres a couple questions for you ape guys. If your looking to bring your bars back a couple inches for comfort... is there any advantage of apes over risers ? How far back to apes generally bring you ? and it was mentioned that it changes the feel of steering the bike... is it a HUGE change or is it something you can get used too. I do a lot of slow speed tight turns and maneuvering around town here and hate to think it would become permanently harder to control. otherwise I like the look of apes.
I have tried a few sets of risers of various heights. Most of them helped at least somewhat. My 10" mini apes with 2" up and 2" pullback risers were the ticket. No back pain and turns on a dime.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have tried a few sets of risers of various heights. Most of them helped at least somewhat. My 10" mini apes with 2" up and 2" pullback risers were the ticket. No back pain and turns on a dime.

Those sound about like what I need. If you dont mind whats some of the info on them... brands and such for the risers and bars

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
With apes, you can bring them back towards you, and put them as far away from you as you want...really. Placement is basically unlimited. (Depending on height of bars.) Mine are 13" with 3" risers. A shorter bar will limit the distance you can adjust. Changes in steering, I found, are just 'different'. Not bad. Something to get used to. I think the bike handles much better with them.

Ray

·
Premium Member
2005 VTX 1300S Full Dress Built by me.
54 Posts
In the proccess of putting these on right now they are 9 inch with 4 inch risers and the Baron adaptor which adds another inch.

·
Registered
658 Posts
16" LA Chopper bars with their 1.5" risers. I think my cables are +8, though the throttle cables could be another 2" longer.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts