Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2332 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll start here too...let's see those 1300's!!

I can't take much credit for this beauty, Green Ghost did most of the work. We have chromed the the reservoirs, levers, and added the Tornado intake. Just added a Saddleman seat (need photos of that).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll start here too...let's see those 1300's!!

I can't take much credit for this beauty, Green Ghost did most of the work. We have chromed the the reservoirs, levers, and added the Tornado intake. Just added a Saddleman seat (need photos of that).

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum. Here's a couple photos of my 1300R after doing about 670 miles this weekend from Northern Nevada to Central Coast CA and back. I bought this one used a few months back and it's my first big cruiser. I'm really loving it. I got it bone stock and have done a few things to it so far, and have a few more ideas for the future. My next modification for it is to try a Dyna club style tall fairing and reupholster the seats. I got a cheap Krator fairing on now that I really like the look of, but it doesn't do anything for keeping wind off my helmet (Not a big concern on short rides, but definitely not ideal for long highway miles).
VTX (2).jpg

·
There Can Only Be One
2,706 Posts
New to the forum. Here's a couple photos of my 1300R after doing about 670 miles this weekend from Northern Nevada to Central Coast CA and back. I bought this one used a few months back and it's my first big cruiser. I'm really loving it. I got it bone stock and have done a few things to it so far, and have a few more ideas for the future. My next modification for it is to try a Dyna club style tall fairing and reupholster the seats. I got a cheap Krator fairing on now that I really like the look of, but it doesn't do anything for keeping wind off my helmet (Not a big concern on short rides, but definitely not ideal for long highway miles).
Welcome to the VTX addiction! What are you using for turn signals (if any)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the VTX addiction! What are you using for turn signals (if any)?
Thank you! I'm just using some cheap LED turn signals/running lights I got off amazon. I relocated the rears to hang off the bottom of the sissy bar to bring them up a bit higher for drivers line of sight. I also upgraded the rear brake light to LED and it has the turn signals integrated in there as well. I went for the eagle-eye LED headlight swap which was a bit pricey but really bright. I figured the time and cost of converting everything to LED is well worth it if it can even prevent one accident or close call.

·
Faith Fears Not
84 Posts
You missed it by a "few" years. :p Welcome to the forum! (y)
How's it going now? I know it's too hot this time of year where you live, it is here too. In the last week we have been 110 degrees two days and over 105 five out of the last seven days. Riding late night is OK though. My grandson was rear ended while at a stop on my original VTX I sold him and I am pretty sure it's totaled so for now I have no one to ride with.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
There Can Only Be One
2,706 Posts
How's it going now? I know it's too hot this time of year where you live, it is here too. In the last week we have been 110 degrees two days and over 105 five out of the last seven days. Riding late night is OK though. My grandson was rear ended while at a stop on my original VTX I sold him and I am pretty sure it's totaled so for now I have no one to ride with.
Oh crap...hope he's okay. I've been so busy with work, that I have only had just a few opportunities to work on the bike. I goofed up my internal wiring on my handlebars, so I had to cut the harnesses and yank the wiring out. I am NOT running them internally again...the fairing hides them anyway. The weather here has actually been pretty nice compared to what it usually is, but August and September are always brutal, so I'm sure the heat is right around the corner.

2281 - 2300 of 2332 Posts