Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I knew that I wanted a bigger bike for longer rides as my Honda Hawk 650gt just wasn’t the bike for that. After much research I decided on the VTX. Originally the 1300 but decided I wanted the fuel injection, dual front brakes and who am I kidding... the bigger engine. After checking out Craigslist and marketplace I found this beauty about 60 miles away up in Denver. It’s actually the S model with the F wheels. Mustang seat, and everything else in the Honda catalogue according to the ad. I’ve only gotten 100 miles in the saddle so far but it’s been great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my 2003 VTX1800R with an EZS TPSL sidecar in the Alps.

On the highest pass in Europe.

On top of the Bonette. And yes, no winkers, they're integrated in the rear lights.

I build the special suspended seat myself to support my worn back. It works a treat

I haven't had time to get it properly painted yet. Ride it was more important. This winter I'll get it coated, colour not yet decided.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,457 Posts
This is my 2003 VTX1800R with an EZS TPSL sidecar in the Alps.
View attachment 237803
On the highest pass in Europe.
View attachment 237805
On top of the Bonette. And yes, no winkers, they're integrated in the rear lights.
View attachment 237804
I build the special suspended saddle myself to support my worn back. It works a treat

I haven't had time to get it properly painted yet. Ride it was more important. This winter I'll get it coated, colour not yet decided.
What is going on up front with the forks? Never seen a kit like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For sidecar riders this is not unusual front. To make steering easier and more stable the trail of the front wheel needs to increase. This construction achieves this and is also a very reliable and sturdy construction. The sidecar combination weighs about 440 kgs net.
Both front forks are replaced by a custom made front. It is similar to the construction of the BMW R type in the before 1970.

This is during construction. The suspension is not yet fitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my '04 VTX 1800C. Desmogged, stainless lines and cables, Kuryakyn Hypercharger Pro, shock mount license plate, pegs, mirrors, LED signals (fork mount, integrated into tail light), Hard Krome 3" Big Straights, Booster Plug, Ness Chrome Dash, King Kobra 7 1/4" headlight, Flame radiator cover. This was taken at Tonto Creek in Northern AZ.

·
Super Moderator
10,014 Posts
Very sharp looking bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So many great looking X's. Back on a C after not having one in the garage for a few. Now if I could only figure out the best way for some floor boards... :)
vtx2002_c-12-22-18-18-41.png

·
Registered
16,510 Posts
So many great looking X's. Back on a C after not having one in the garage for a few. Now if I could only figure out the best way for some floor boards... :) View attachment 238259
Consider the half, or mini-boards for the C. I really like my Rivco's better than the driver foot pegs. I've had the Kury Premium rear boards for years for the passenger, which I don't really use anymore since the wife can't ride. There are -SO- many great Bike of the Month candidates.......if we still had the contest, or someone who would step up and take it over for Ted (LEGO).

·
Registered
25 Posts
bonjour Paxman11 pouvez-vous mettre des photos de vos mini planches, j'en ai sur mon vtx1800c mais ce sont de la vraie merde elles ne tiennent pas elles tournent au final c'est aussi du chinois, donc je dois les changer pour un meilleur confort.
Merci

·
Registered
25 Posts
bonjour Paxman11 pouvez-vous mettre des photos de vos mini planches, j'en ai sur mon vtx1800c mais ce sont de la vraie merde elles ne tiennent pas elles tournent au final c'est aussi du chinois, donc je dois les changer pour un meilleur confort.
Merci
hello Paxman11 can you put pictures of your mini boards, I have some on my vtx1800c but these are real shit they don't hold up they turn in the end it's Chinese too, so I have to change them for better comfort.
thank you

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts