Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
There Can Only Be One
2,717 Posts
Bought her brand new in Dec. of '03 and have enjoyed every year/mile. She's currently scattered throughout my garage after getting things repaired/replaced/upgraded from an accident that happened back in April of '19, and I'm hoping to get her reassembled after I get all of my other projects done. :cry:

Her first night home:

As she sat before the accident:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bought her brand new in Dec. of '03 and have enjoyed every year/mile. She's currently scattered throughout my garage after getting things repaired/replaced/upgraded from an accident that happened back in April of '19, and I'm hoping to get her reassembled after I get all of my other projects done. :cry:

Her first night home:

View attachment 240929

As she sat before the accident:

View attachment 240930
Absolutely beautiful bike! 120k too! I hope that you are able to get her back out on the road, you both deserve it!

·
FREEBIRD
7,844 Posts
Great pics, Phil.👍Is that Pensylvania?

Reactions: Corey Mathery

·
FREEBIRD
7,844 Posts
Right on. My sister is working in Irvine. She's loving it down there. My niece is learning how to surf.🤙

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,654 Posts
2006 1300C

·
Too short for my weight
5,654 Posts
Love these touring packs y'all have on your bikes! How much did these setups cost?
I got mine from Amazon for about 60 bucks. It attaches to the luggage rack I already had on the bike...

prkuehn‘s appears to be a HD pack (judging by the side hinges), those are considerably better built but cost a lot more.

·
Super Moderator
10,471 Posts
Before you buy one, make sure to also include the cost of painting it in your decision.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine is a HD King tour pack. I bought the tour pack for $500 and spent about $225 to have it painted. It sits atop a custom bracket that also holds my saddle bags. I have a friend that does metal fabrication and he built it for $250. Total in the TP is about $1k.

I rattle canned the bracket with matching paint from Colorrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,471 Posts
Damn, that is one massive bracket. How much does that thing weigh?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is a HD King tour pack. I bought the tour pack for $500 and spent about $225 to have it painted. It sits atop a custom bracket that also holds my saddle bags. I have a friend that does metal fabrication and he built it for $250. Total in the TP is about $1k.

I rattle canned the bracket with matching paint from Colorrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did a good Job . .

21 - 40 of 45 Posts