Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like while at work today someone figured they needed the right side cover off my black...02 vtx 1800:choppersmR. what in the world they would want with it i dont know. It possibly could have gotten caught by the wind on the ride to work. Either way....does anyone have an extra right side cover or a set to sell?? Figured id check here before i check places online who seem to carry the chrome ones for $100+.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
While I don't have one, I know that I was riding with MrEdshead and he lost his left one and would have never known if we had not seen it fly off. Luckily we were in Montana and there was not a lot of traffic so we were able to back track and find it in the weeds in the median with only a few scratches.
Good Luck on finding a new one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on the hondaline site and they are wanting about 150 or so for the oem black covers. I figure if I'm going to pay that much for a replacement I may as well just order a set of chrome ones for about 50bills less. I'm going to a motorcycle parts swap meet in ft worth tomorrow, maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well get this..... The wife says...."just wait til Wednesday and order the chrome covers because if you don't get them now you are getting them later." I say there's got to be a catch when she says something like that.....

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Well get this..... The wife says...."just wait til Wednesday and order the chrome covers because if you don't get them now you are getting them later." I say there's got to be a catch when she says something like that.....
You're 41 years old, so you already know, there's ALWAYS a catch.....Just find out what she wants and bite the bullet man....:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
my wife and i were talking one day about 4 years ago when she looked at me and said let get another motorcycle......i did what any man would do kissed her and hauled as to the stealer:cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M2, u have a very valid point. Thinking back to the other day when I was doing the pair valve removal and a few other minor things, for some reason or another I took it off and didn't put it back on tight. Sigh.....rookie move I guess. Even us riding vets have the occassional blonde moment. I'm in Dallas today for about 4hrs and there's a swap meet and bike show going on. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a set for a decent price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryngore..... I used the Jedi mind trick on my wife to get my last bike. Somehow she used it back on me to get my vtx 1800 a month or so ago..... Darn my luck. Hahaha. I think my payment to her will be teaching her to ride. My friend is selling his 05 Harley soft tail and she's been hinting about buying it....... See..... That's why she's all too willing to have me buy chrome side covers. I knew there was a catch!!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I noticed that the rear grommet on mine looked torn and was not holding very tight. I told my wife I had to replace it or I would end up losing the cover and spending more money to replace it. Amazingly she agreed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked on the hondaline site and they are wanting about 150 or so for the oem black covers. I figure if I'm going to pay that much for a replacement I may as well just order a set of chrome ones for about 50bills less. I'm going to a motorcycle parts swap meet in ft worth tomorrow, maybe I'll get lucky.

Where is the swap meet at in ft.worth ? I live in arlington and would love to go.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The swap meet in ft worth was last weekend and honestly it was mainly Harley junk. The next one I know is in Arlington in january. I want to say either the first or second weekend in January. I don't have the flyer on my person right now but I will post it later on. I ended up ordering chrome side covers from Jp cycles yesterday morning and paid the overnight shipping and got them this morning. Paid 164 for the covers and overnight shipping.

·
FREEBIRD
7,598 Posts
Thinking back to the other day when I was doing the pair valve removal and a few other minor things, for some reason or another I took it off and didn't put it back on tight. Sigh.....rookie move I guess.
That's what the Chrome Gods want you to think AtxBDiddy. Replace it with stock parts or suffer an eternity of 'just one more piece, honey!'

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the chrome side covers yesterday morning and had them overnighted his morning..... Odd how I know the sound and schedule of our ups truck and was just walking out the door when my cute lady ups driver pulled up. Hahahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts