Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possable to run the pipes on a 1300R on opposite sides of the bike?
I like the look of having the pipes on both sides. I was wondering if anyone has done this or can it be done.
It would make hanging the saddlebags lower possable, plus even out the look of the bike from the rear.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Roadhouse, which is now out of bussiness made a set of duallies. You may be able to find a set. There are several people on here with them. Marty W is one.
A member, I think it was Okie Bob, made his own duallies, which came out very nice, but a lot of work. He has a thread on here detailing the build. You can probably find it in a search.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stumbled upon Okie Bob. Impressive that he can make is own pipes

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Wish I could find a set or find someone that could/would make a set for sale. A resonably priced set of duals would have a good market but since the X line isn't made anymore, it may not be a profitable long term venture.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a good side income for someone who can do it. It took him a year and 7 months to complete, but we don't know what kind of time he put into it. Someone who was going to do something like that would make 1 to get it right then make 10 at the same time. Okie did it all out of stainless, he never said what it cost him for materials

1 - 6 of 6 Posts