Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I ran into a little catch here yesturday. I bought one of these kuryakyn brake controllers you know the ones that light up all of your lights in the rear for stop and turn and tail. well the part came in and was real easy to install, the problem is not being to find the red lenses for the rear signals. I could go and get all four white lenses and put red bulbs in the rear and orange in the front but I was trying to stay away from that. has anyone run into this problem? What are my choices? Thanks:banghead:

·
Registered
998 Posts
As far as choices, I'm very partial to the Kury deep dish bezels... just saying.

As for your quest, did a search and found this site. Never used them and can't say that I know anyone that has, but it looks like they carry what you're looking for.

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CA_CTS-0020&Category_Code=CLEAR_ALTERNATIVES&Store_Code=AIM

Good luck with your decision/purchase.

Hold up! Just realized the price is 'each'... for that I would definitely go with the Kury DDB. .02

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
As far as choices, I'm very partial to the Kury deep dish bezels... just saying.

As for your quest, did a search and found this site. Never used them and can't say that I know anyone that has, but it looks like they carry what you're looking for.

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CA_CTS-0020&Category_Code=CLEAR_ALTERNATIVES&Store_Code=AIM

Good luck with your decision/purchase.

Hold up! Just realized the price is 'each'... for that I would definitely go with the Kury DDB. .02
Nope, those are sold in pairs....Also can get a better price buying them directly from Clear Alternatives...Got a pair of smoked lenses for the front after my crash for under $20....

·
Registered
757 Posts
it depends on which way you want to go. I went with clear lenses and red or yellow LEDs from customdynamics.com.

you can also get the clear OR red lenses from clear alternatives.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Those look sweet. I have the clear ones front and back and thinking about changing them out

I have the clear on front with amber bulbs and the red on the rear with the triple whammy system which makes the turn signals also running and brake lights. Love it!! and can be seen much better too.

PS: don't know for sure but have been told if you call the manufactor direct and already have the deep dish with another color lense that they will send you the red or amber lenses real cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe. While the stock lenses are missing buy yourself some Kury Deep Dish Bezels and greatly improve the look of your X. Dumping those "lollipop" lenses will be one of hte best mods you can do for appearance. Ask Santa....

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Just a note. The best set up for visibility with LEDs is having the same color lens and bulb. A red lens and a red bulb is better than a clear lens and a red bulb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts