Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a corned beef brisket about 4 hours ago and I am getting hungry.

Put carrots in about 45 minutes ago and just now put in some small red potatoes.

Once the spuds are done I have the cabbage to put in.

The brisket is nice and tender right now and I really should have done the carrots and spuds 2 hours ago.

I do know I will eat very well tonight.

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
Dammit Charlie. I just came in to respond to everyone and now I read this. I haven't had time to upload all my pictures and my stomach is doing flip flops because that sounds so good! grrrr

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang I put to much on the plate but I am not going to waste it.

I did the cabbage in the brisket stock 1/4 rd the head and cooked till just tender but still firm.

I went to slice the brisket and it just started to shred it was so tender.

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
My mouth is watering Charlie....STOP IT! If you post a pic I am not even waiting until my dinner is ready, I'm headed over! Ok, I ate. All good now. Post away.lol

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,375 Posts
that's very cool that you did that...I have to look into doing that! .......I made a chicken dish in the wok.......tried something I recently learned.......cooked the chicken in hot water for two minutes....makes it very tender! basically made a lo mien with broccoli, cauliflower, onions and peppers.....yummy!! added soy sauce and sesame oil......over spaghetti!! :mosh:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
I did a pot roast in a Dutch oven for 4 1/2 hours. Very tasty.

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Dang I put to much on the plate but I am not going to waste it.

I did the cabbage in the brisket stock 1/4 rd the head and cooked till just tender but still firm.

I went to slice the brisket and it just started to shred it was so tender.
That sounds good. I usually 1/4 round the cabbage, fry in cast iron, drizzle a little olive oil or vegetable oil, and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Remember to cover and cook on med-low heat so it doesn't get burnt. There's enough moisture in the cabbage to keep it from burning up. It almost steams itself.

I'm gonna try your way next. It sounds good. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from somewhere in the deep East Texas Piney Woods using Tapatalk

·
X Virgin
5,216 Posts
After all the eating of the Christmas and holiday season, we went light last night. Boneless chicken and a caesar salad. My wife makes the world's best homemade caesar salad dressing. This is a little salad she made for a family Boxing Day dinner (29 of us!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts