Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had these? Started with a dozen jalapeños sliced length ways and cleaned of all seeds and membranes. Careful to wash your hands after handling them.

In a bowl I blended a brick of cream cheese with a cup and a half of shredded Monterey Jack cheese and a shake of Paprika.

Next, filled the jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mixture and wrapped each half with a half slice of bacon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350260147.294560.jpg
Put them in the smoker for 2 hours at 225•
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350260242.210927.jpg
Atomic Buffalo Turds is a nasty name for these, very tasty!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several actually! Two hours is a long time to wait for a snack. LOL

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Very nice ...
Quality ingredients and attention to prep and presentation ...

Do you have an herb garden ... ?

... a generous bed of cilantro that folks can "pick at" and garnish their own plate or napkins really sets these off and refreshes the palate ...

Many thanks ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
My daughter has made something like that. Not sure of her cheese mixture but she uses the jalapino and bacon.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Sounds good. I've never thought about putting bacon on the smoker. I may have to try this the next time I fire it up.

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Sounds good. I've never thought about putting bacon on the smoker. I may have to try this the next time I fire it up.
What's that you say? How do we make smoked bacon better? we smoke it again. But wait, there's more, for a small 2 hr wait you to can have cream cheese and jalepenos, wrapped in what? SMOKED, SMOKED BACON! For the price of prep, ingredients and the patience not to eat the bacon as fast as you cook it, you too can have a buffalo turd. :)

I for some reason saw an info-mercial in there somewhere. :)

Man those look good!

Sent from somewhere in the deep East Texas Piney Woods using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The smoked smoked bacon was a winner! I'll be doing these again for the family at Thanksgiving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts