Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making 25 lbs of pulled pork and a couple small briskets from a butcher shop. Going to net me 150.00 profit and covers my costs. First of a couple big family dinner contract jobs for this summer.. Doesn’t pay much. But I reall enjoy the process.. I’ll keep it updated. Will smoke about 15 hours on 225..

Attachments

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,046 Posts
I just smoked a 5 lb pork loin for dinner tonight. Tasty!

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
We camped last weekend and I smoked everything from breakfast sausages in the morning to hamburgers, hot dogs and brats for lunch then steaks, chicken and 2 pork loins for dinner over 3 days. I did it all on a tripod grill with a mixture of oak and hickory.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM good.:icon_chew:

·
FREEBIRD
7,535 Posts
:hmm2: Are you sure this isn't just some elaborate cover to be up early enough to watch the Royal Wedding?

"Hey, guys, check out this smoked pork....Oh look, a horse and carriage!"

·
Super Moderator
9,771 Posts
2:30 pm.. Two are at 203 internal temp.. Now laying in a shredded heap in an aluminum pan..
I know nothing about smoking beef. Is 203 F a good temperature for it? I ask because that is quite a bit higher than you would usually cook a steak.

·
Super Moderator
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know nothing about smoking beef. Is 203 F a good temperature for it? I ask because that is quite a bit higher than you would usually cook a steak.
Target IT is 203-205- for pulled pork and Brisket. Tri Tip is around 165 and for my taste, 130 for Prime Rib.. Ribs and cuts of meat are completely different depending on cut and animal. I like my red meat Medium Rare. Pork I cook to 165-170..

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
Looks good, yum. yum. :patriot:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts