Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yesterday my HID kit came in for my VTX and this morning I decided to do an install, and after much hard work, I shall show you all the fruits of my labor :D Pictures below,

And of course something can go wrong will... I snapped the bolt that holds the rear passenger seat in the fender so i had to drill and tap it out, Oh well, Thank you Murphy and your Laws.

10000k 55w HID kit from DDM Tuning.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice - I've been thinking about adding some lights to mine. When I'm driving at night, I sometimes feel like I have a lantern instead of a head light.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, an I hear ya on that, The HID makes a huge difference, you can see almost a 1/4 down the road and thats on a low beam, The high beam lights up everything. The only thing i was displeased with DDM is how long it took to ship the lights took almost 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I had a HID light, wanted to switch to an LED light. So I ordered LED's for my light bar, they sucked! Would not light up my garage, let alone the road. So I will be keeping the HID light. Something I would recommend is order a second bulb. Mine just burnt out, well I think, so now I have to go back to the other crap while I wait the 3 weeks for shipping.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a HID light, wanted to switch to an LED light. So I ordered LED's for my light bar, they sucked! Would not light up my garage, let alone the road. So I will be keeping the HID light. Something I would recommend is order a second bulb. Mine just burnt out, well I think, so now I have to go back to the other crap while I wait the 3 weeks for shipping.
Def a +1 on the bulb when we installed it on my uncles bike his blew out and he put his old light back in, Excessive starting kills the bulb. I put a toggle switch to turn the light on that way so it doesnt stress the bulb out when it starts. If you havent already i would put a switch in, One less headache ya know?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice addition but why'd you go with 10000K? The higher the Kelvin, the less light output and the more blue it gets. The brightest I believe is 4000 or so as far as white bright light.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The theme of the bike i'm going with, Two toned Blue and Titanium

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, So tonight i took her out for the maiden voyage with the new light and i must say, 100000000x Better. Lights up the road like you could not believe and the little bit of blue is just perfect. And when you turn the high beam on, you really do have wall of light. I recommend an HID kit if you dont already have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts